PUBLISHING PLAGUE SAINT + looking to the future

Hey readers, I have some exciting news to share today! But first, a little background. While I have loved being able to share my stories for free (for the most part) here on Wattpad and connect with my audience, my plan has always been to polish them up and publish them. For now, I've decided to go the route of self-publishing.

On top of that, though, I'm going to be transitioning pretty much all of my current stories away from Wattpad. I don't feel like my books are a great fit for the Wattpad market to be honest - While some stories in my genres do make it big, most of the advertising focus is given to romance in subgenres I don't really write. The emphasis on serialization and specific word counts also doesn't work with my writing style, personally. Even having been picked for the Creators program/winning a couple of Wattys, I feel a bit stuck and have decided it's finally time to take the leap into publishing.

I do plan to bring more free stories to Wattpad in the future, but right now, my focus is on revising and publishing my current series.

So, with that being said, I'm excited to announce that I will be publishing Plague Saint on June 3rd of this year. The Wattpad version of the story will remain up for free until I publish that new, edited version, and I'll put a warning in the title a month before I take it down.

Plague Saint will be available in eBook and paperback on release. I'm planning to sell the eBook for about $10, but if you donate just $5 to the Indiegogo I set up, you'll get a copy when it releases. It's basically a 50% off preorder! 

I'm also hoping to give away some copies for free, so if you want a chance to win one of those, follow me on my socials! The best place is my Instagram, itsrorynorth, but you can find others in my bio link as well

Unfortunately, with the amount of time I put into writing, and the cost of living, I can't really afford not to monetize my content anymore. I don't have any control over what stories go into Paid on Wattpad, and my stories I have had in Paid did not do well (Again, they don't seem to be a great fit for the current Wattpad market.) So, I'm going to be moving future sequels to Patreon, Ream, and Inkitt.

Members will be able to read updates for ALL ongoing stories as they come out. Alternatively, you can wait for me to finish writing the stories and buy the published copies when I release the, or apply to get a free ARC copy.

Most stories will be staying up at least through the summer, and I'll give warnings before taking books down. Plague Saint, Villain Complex, and The Living Tower will come down in June - Plague Saint and Villain Complex for publication, The Living Tower will still be an ongoing story elsewhere.

I won't be pulling everything at once, and I'll try to provide as much warning as I can before taking things down.

The first sequel to release on my new accounts will be Poison Preacher, the sequel to Plague Saint. However, this won't begin until June. In the meantime, members will be the first to read HIVEMIND GAMES, another story set in a future world where teen soldier Moragen must get to the bottom of a conspiracy involving the government's hivemind technology.

 In the meantime, members will be the first to read HIVEMIND GAMES, another story set in a future world where teen soldier Moragen must get to the bottom of a conspiracy involving the government's hivemind technology

Thank you all again for your support <3 I do hope to make my stories as accessible to as many people as possible. If you are interested in giveaways or potentially getting free ARC copies, do follow me on social media at the places in my bio link. It will also be possible to request my books in libraries once they're published, and I'll provide more information on that when the time comes.