𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

┏━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┓
𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑
┗━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━┛

23 April 1943

"I am going to burn this library down if another book reads 'This ancient form of magic has not been practiced for centuries.'! Or better yet 'Nobody knows how to make one, the instructions have been lost to time.'!" Tom slammed another book closed, sighing in frustration. "We must have checked every book in the Restricted Section!"

"Can you please calm down?" Elena was tired. For months now they had been searching for more information on Horcruxes and every time they hit a dead end Tom would get even more upset. She really didn't understand why the boy was so keen on making a Horcrux, but she owed it to him to at least help him research after everything. "Maybe a school library isn't the best place to search for this stuff."

"Do we have another option? It's not like I can show up at Durmstrang one day and ask."

After a few seconds something clicked in Elena's mind. "That is a wonderful idea! Didn't Grindelwald go to Durmstrang?"

"Yes, but no, you're not going to ask him." Tom shook his head, "You can't talk to him anyways."

"I can. If I let my guard down-"

"That is out of the question. Don't you remember how miserable you were when everything was going on?" His tone was too demanding for Elena's liking. "You haven't seen him again, have you?"

"No, I haven't." Elena sighed closing her book and looking out the window. It had already gotten dark. "Look at the time, we should go to dinner."

"Didn't you have plans with Malfoy today?"

"You're right! I can't believe I forgot!" Elena stood up hastily, dropping her parchments. Tom watched the girl and didn't move a finger. She grabbed them and rushed out of the library. She ran and ran until she reached the common room. Orion was sitting cross-legged on one of the couches, reading a book. Elena ran to her side and tried to speak while panting, "I'm sorry, I know we were supposed to go to Hogsmeade this afternoon but I didn't realise the time-"

"It's fine." Orion didn't look up from the book, she sounded really upset. "You were with Riddle, weren't you?"

"I was, but it was-"

"Can't you see the effect he has on you?" She looked into Elena's eyes. "Ever since you left Rin you've been miserable. You haven't been eating well either. How much weight have you lost, did you count? You spend all day at the library with him! This is the first time in months we were supposed to go out together!"

"I know I know, I'm sorry, but Tom and I-"

" 'Tom and I' she says. Don't you see they're not good people? Look what Nott did to me!"

"Orion, this isn't the same thing. I am not dating Tom Riddle-"

"Aren't you?" Orion still sounded angry and Elena couldn't understand why. "You spend almost every day together. Ever since Rin left you've been with him, even when you were with Rin you danced with Riddle on Halloween."

"That was a long time ago and I told you why I did that! I don't understand what you want me to do! I am trying my best!"

"I'm just saying you were happier with Rin! Maybe it's time you realise that."

"You don't know what I've been through. You don't know the half of it! So go on and blame Tom! He is the only reason I am standing here in front of you right now!" She felt the tears in her eyes, 'Orion doesn't know' she kept telling herself. If only she knew what Rin had done... She wiped away the tears in her eyes, it was best to end this fight. "I'm done here. You know where to find me. If you want to find me that is."