My hand was the one you reached for

TW: vomiting, no graphic description

Walter

I woke up to my alarm, feeling Henry laying in my arms.I was puzzled for a second until I remembered what happened yesterday. Henry came back into our room, hugged me and never let go of me.

"I miss you"His words lingered. I turned my head a bit to see him. He was awake but had his eyes still closed, pressed together. The sun made his blonde hair glow in golden, strands of it falling into his face. I brushed them away, seeing his eyes blinking open for a millisecond.

"Good morning"I whispered, leaning closer to Henry.

"Good morning"His voice was raspy from sleep. He turned to me, now we were so close our noses were touching, only then opening his eyes, just to close them again afterwards.

"It's so bright"He groaned,"My head hurts"

"It's bright like this every day"I chuckled.

"It's not"He pouted.

"Whatever"I nuzzled my nose against his.

Silence filled the room for a couple of minutes. I enjoyed Henry's presence, radiating warmth next to me.

"Hey"He broke the silence,"Can we please go back to normal again?"His voice barely above a whisper, eyes opened but looking down on his hands.

"I would love to go back to normal"I started,"But I just feel like you won't tell me anything...and I just can't keep doing it this way."

Henry was quiet for a bit, I could see his face sadden a bit, then he spoke up,"I...I would love to tell you everything...but sometimes I just can't-"He stopped for a little,"It feels like I can't speak up anymore...and I'm just so scared."

"You don't need to be scared, I will never judge you"I put my hand on his chin and pulled it up so he had to look at me.

"I know"He avoided looking into my eyes,"It just scares me sometimes. No one knows anything about my parents and it's hard to talk about it."

"You don't have to tell me anything as long as you're not ready"I took his hand into mine,"But tell me you're not ready. I don't want to do anything to hurt you."

"I do. And I'm sorry I snapped like that on Friday, it was just...too much"He sounded truly sorry.

"I know. Next time please tell me"

"I will"Henry promised and then he finally closed the gap between us, kissing me.

I immediately kissed him back, our lips finally touching again. It felt like it's been ages since we last kissed and at the same time it felt like coming home. He entangled our hands and put his hand on my cheek, pulling me closer to him. I got lost in the feeling of Henry this close to me. I didn't want to stop kissing him ever again, it was all I ever needed. His soft skin brushing against mine, his breath striking my face, making me shiver and the touch of his hand still lingering on my fingers. I let my hand slide through his hair, pulling the blonde strands of hair behind his ears just for them to fall back into his face again. Then I put my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him as close as possible into the kiss.

I broke the kiss, looking directly into Henry's eyes,"I love you. And I don't want you to ever feel like you can't tell me anything or like you have to say anything for my sake. I want you to tell me everything when you're ready."I looked at him seriously, meaning every word I said.

Henry looked at me with big, happy eyes, a smile creeping up his face,"I love you"Then he leaned in and kissed me another time. This time only a short kiss before he turned around and got up,"We need to go to class."