Burning brighter than the sun

TW: homophobia, parents shittalking their kid

Walter

I woke up, lying in bed holding Henry in my arms. He was still sleeping, facing me. I was so happy being able to hold him in my arms. Ever since we officially became boyfriends last Sunday, I couldn't feel happier. Having him with me was the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. Never would I ever think that this is ever going to happen to me. I've seen people fall in love on TV and around me all the time. People watching fall in love never seemed like I would experience something similar as well but ever since I met Henry, I knew how all these people felt.

Henry looked so calm, his arms wrapped around me, holding me close. His slow breath striking my face and his warm hands touching my back. I put my hands on his cheek, caressing it and stroking strands of his messy hair out of his face. How I loved doing that. Feeling his soft skin against my hand and touching his smooth hair, just the two of us together.

The last couple of days since we officially got together, Henry and I spent most of our time together. After school we went into our room, laying in one of our beds, cuddling, kissing or watching a movie together. I was kind of confused that no one asked us why we didn't spend the time after school with them but in the end I was pretty glad they didn't ask because I don't want to have to explain myself in front of people I wasn't really close with.

Today it was parents day and I knew that Henry was very nervous to see his parents again. They don't have a good relationship and ever since we got together, it's even harder for him. He knows his parents are homophobic and I can feel that it stresses him out because he doesn't want his relationship with them to get even worse by telling them we're together. When his parents called him a couple of days ago to tell him they are coming for parents day, I could see the shock in his eyes. He didn't expect them to come and it felt like he was really glad about that.

He tried to hide it but I could sense his nervousness. He was shaking with his leg more often, he was trapped in his mind and he had a hard time falling asleep every evening since then.

So seeing him sleep calmly next to me was some kind of relief for me. I wouldn't want to wake him up and disturb the last minutes of peace before he had to face his parents. This is going to be a hard day for him and I know it's going to be hard for me seeing him hurt as well. I have never met Henry's parents and he never really talked much about them but everything I heard about them and saw how upset Henry was every time they called him was enough to make me dislike them.

Half an hour later, Henry slowly opened his eyes, looking at me and immediately a smile appeared on his lips.

"Good morning"He whispered, voice raspy from sleep while coming closer to my face.

"Good morning sun"I nuzzled my nose against his, freezing and only then realising what I said, feeling myself blushing.

"Sun?"Henry repeated, smiling even wider.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"

"No, it's cute, I like it."He interrupted, giving me a peck on the tip of my nose. I got all flustered. I didn't want him to know that I secretly called him my sun, but he was. He made me feel so warm and happy, I just want to be around him all the time and feel the warmth he was sending out. I needed him like the moon needs the sun to shine.

Henry snuggled himself up into my arms to be even closer to me. His head was nuzzled into the crook of my neck and I could feel him pressing soft kisses against my skin.

"It...is...really...cute."He said in between every kiss. I never wanted to leave this room. Fuck school. Fuck parents-day. Fuck everyone else. I just wanted to stay right where I am.