C7

Buford, Georgia

Buford, Georgia

Maries POV.

2 days later.

Location: Karters car.

"So what's the move?" Karter asks while focusing on the road but still keeping his right hand on my thigh.

"welllll, I was thinkin' we could hit up the mall real quick because I want some stuff from Sephora, then after that I wanna go get some hair products for tomorrow's clients and- shit, I forgot something else I wanted to do. But I guess that's it," I tell him making him nod,

"Bett,"

The sound of our favorite songs fills the car, creating a comfortable silence between us. I glance at Karter, watching as he bobs his head to the beat, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

As we pull up at the mall, Karter glances over at me with a mischievous look in his eyes. Without talking, he reaches into the backseat and grabs a small Tiffany & Co. box, giving it to me.

"Hmm, open that," he instructs, his voice filled with anticipation.

Curious, I eagerly accept the box, my heart fluttering with excitement as I carefully lift the lid. Inside, laying on a satin bed, are two sparkling diamond stud earrings, their shine catching the light and casting a shimmering glow.

My breath catches in my throat as I gaze at the beautiful gems, feeling a rush of emotion wash over me. It's a simple gesture, but it speaks volumes about Karter's feelings for me, and I can't help but be overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness.

"Oh my god, I love them," I murmur, my voice barely above a whisper as I admire the earrings in awe.

Karter smiles, his eyes softening with affection as he watches my reaction. "I'm glad you like 'em," he says, his voice filled with sincerity.

"What made you do this?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow inquisitively as I hold up the stunning diamond stud earrings.

Karter chuckles softly, "Just wanted to show you how much you mean to me," he replies, his voice sincere.

I can't help but smile.

"And you been on my mind a whole lot lately, and I can tell it's for a reason," Karter continues, his tone turning more serious. "I know it's only been three weeks, but I wanna hurry up and make you mine before one of these lame-ass niggas out here do," he adds, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

I playfully roll my eyes at his last comment, shaking my head in amusement. "You over there laughing, but I'm for real though," he insists, his expression earnest.

"Okay, okay," I say, unable to contain my smile as I wait for him to continue.

"So, what I'm basically sayin' is, Marie, you tryna be my girlfriend?" Karter asks, his gaze steady as he waits for my response.