Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (15)

Start from the beginning

   "W-We told her not to!" Fuyuhiko stammered. 

    "Foolish girl! If she does it wrong, she will surely be sent to the hospital!" Gundham cried. 

    "Come on, Kiki," Kiki muttered to herself. "If you can do it on a bike, you can do it in a car." As she neared the turn, she spun the wheel in the direction of the turn. However, she spun too fast and too forcefully, causing her to spin out of control towards the wall. 

   "KIKIIIIII!!!!" Kokichi screamed, shaking Himiko vigorously. 

   "Nyeh! Nyeeh! Nyeeeeh!!" Himiko cried as he shook her. "Kokichi! You're gonna...give me...Shaken Baby Syndrome!" 

   "Huh?" Kokichi said, turning his attention to Himiko. "Oh! Sorry, HimiCocoa Bean!" He checked to see if she was okay. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her. "Is that better?" he asked, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

   "Nyeh...much," Himiko replied. Kiki screamed in terror as she spun out. The back end of her kart butted up against the wall. She could see the other drivers drifting expertly around the turn. 

   "Is this what you wanted to do?" Shun shouted at her as he neared the turn. He drifted around the turn, as well, and made a face at her as he passed by. "Stupid girl!" He straightened his kart out before speeding off. 

   "Uurrgghh!!" Kiki growled in frustration. She was unharmed, but she felt like crying. 

    "I-Is she still alive?" Kazuichi squeaked. He had pulled his beanie down over his eyes and was quivering.

   "She's okay! She's okay," Fuyuhiko breathed in relief.

    "Holy shit!" Mondo exclaimed, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead. "I thought she was gonna barrel roll outta there!"

    "COME ON, KIKI!!! KEEP GOING!!!" Kokichi cheered, squeezing Himiko tightly. Kiki, now in last place, jammed her foot down on the gas and sped forward. 

    "Hell, yeah! She's back in the race!" Kaito said. 

  "But, she has quite a bit of catching up to do," Gundham said. 

   "She'll catch up," Kokichi said, eyeing the screen intensely as he clutched Himiko closer to his chest. "She's got fourteen laps to make up for it." As the race continued, Kiki slowly, but surely, began to catch up. She was now in 8th place out of ten racers. At every turn the boys would drift, overwhelming Kiki with jealousy. She truly felt like she'd be defeated. After seven laps, she came to the pit stop.  

   "Hey, guys," she said forlornly. 

   "Hey, what's up with that attitude?" Mondo demanded.

   "Well...you saw what happened out there, right?" Kiki mumbled.