2. change of plans

Start from the beginning

"Goodmorning." said Simon as he walked into the kitchen, Talia following behind him and repeating his greeting. Evelyn responded to them both and gave a smile.

"So Evelyn, what are your plans for your first day here?" said Talia as she sipped on her tea, Simon standing behind her.

"Harry, Tobi, and I are planning to go to the mall." she shared, to which Simon groaned.

"That kid can't make plans for the life of him." he said as he shook his head and laughed, causing Evelyn to tilt her head in confusion. "Harry has a Reacts video planned for today with me." Evelyn closed her eyes and just laughed out of exasperation.

"Believe it or not, you're the second person to tell me Harry had more than one planned thing. Whatever, I don't want to get in the way of your video."

"Maybe Tobi can take you to the mall instead.." suggested Talia with a cocked eyebrow. Evelyn fought not to blush and pondered over the girl's words.

"Do you think he would? I don't want to cling.." Evelyn confessed to Talia, who she felt at ease with. Talia's eyes flicked over Evelyn's shoulder before they settled again on the girl.

"No, not at all! Tobi is a sweetheart, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Harry can stay behind and do the shoot with Simon while you and Tobi go and have fun!" she proposed. Before Evelyn could argue, a voice behind her spoke up.

"I wouldn't mind at all, but why'd Harry cancel?" Tobi said, causing Evelyn to startle slightly before turning to face him. She explained the situation to him, causing him to chuckle.

"That kid can't make plans for the life of him. Speaking of, he should be coming down in a sec - I went and woke him up. But again, if you're still up for it, you and I can go to the mall."

Evelyn nodded and smiled politely, hoping her blush wasn't too obvious. It was evident that when he went and changed - he was now wearing a pair of light grey cargo pants, a white t-shirt, and a jacket to match the pants - he had applied cologne. The scent was sending Evelyn's senses haywire and fogging up her thoughts. If there was one thing that could drive her crazy, it was when a man smelled good.

"That.. Yes, that sounds great. Thank you." she finally found her words.

"Hey Evelyn, want me to do your hair before you go?" offered Talia, but the look in her eyes made it clear to Evelyn she had more than one intention. Nonetheless, Evelyn accepted and told Tobi she'd meet him back in the kitchen in a bit. He nodded in response and started chatting to Simon.

The two girls went upstairs to Evelyn's current room, where Talia quickly closed the door behind them.

"Oh you are sooo obvious. Don't get me wrong, it's adorable." the girl quickly squealed with a grin.

Evelyn tilted her head to the side slightly as she tried to decipher Talia's words. "Yeah I give up - what are you talking about?" she finally inquired.

Talia threw her head back and laughed, sitting Evelyn down on the desk chair and plugging in a curling iron. "You think I didn't notice the way you and Tobi are staring each other up? You're practically eye-fucking." she exclaimed, causing Evelyn to turn beet red.

"Well we definitely aren't doing.. that. It's just a small crush I've got. It'll pass eventually. Not to sound whiny but he's totally out of my league." Evelyn admitted to Talia, causing the latter to scoff.

"Oh you poor, poor thing. I hate when pretty girls don't know how beautiful they are. Listen to me, you are stunning. You and Tobi are perfect for each other. I know him pretty well and he's a great guy. Obviously I don't know you very well, which I plan on changing, but you've been nothing but sweet to everyone here so far. And you've certainly got Tobi's attention." she finished with a giggle as she continued to curl Evelyn's hair.

Evelyn stared at the girl in the mirror, amazed at how nice a person can be to someone they don't know. She smiled and thought over the girls words. "Thank you, Talia. That honestly means the world to me, especially coming from someone as gorgeous as you."

"Oh stop my ego is big enough with all the compliments Simon gives me." she laugh off as she finished curling Evelyn's hair. She quickly braided a few small braids in her hair, hardly noticeable among the curls but still adding a difference.

"Alright, you're all set for your date, m'lady." Talia clapped Evelyn on the shoulder as she stood.

Evelyn laughed and hugged Talia. "It's not a date, but thank you a lot."

Talia rolled her eyes but smiled. "Yeah whatever. I still want details when I see you again." she demanded, to which Evelyn agreed. They exchanged numbers before Evelyn finally met with Tobi again in the kitchen.

"Hey. Sorry that took a while." she smiled sheepishly as she approached him, to which he shook his head and smiled. His eyes grazed over her hair before settling back onto her face.

"Don't worry about it, it was worth it. You look great. You already to go?" he asked nonchalantly, as though his words hadn't just made Evelyn blush. Either he didn't notice her now red complexion or he was too polite to point it out.

"Yup, I'm all set."

✧ ˖ ° . ⋆ 。 ° ✩

1687 words

"It's not a date.." SHUT UP ITS A DATE

anyways <3