4

"You promise?"
You ask Loona, still afraid, but maybe she isn't bad. Maybe this will be the life that you and your brother need.
Loona smiles, "I promise."
Loona reaches a paw towards you two, and tentatively, you and Cosmo reach for it to. She pulls you up so that you two are standing and... hugs you.
You've never really been hugged by an adult before... it feels foreign, but it also makes you feel safe and happy.
"I'm gonna make sure you guys don't have to even see the pound. I swear." Loona says before pulling away from you two. "I'll get you guys a bed today, so you dont have to sleep on the floor anymore."
You look at Cosmo, who was excitedly wagging his tail. You've never slept on a real bed before! In the pound, you had no mattresses, and with your previous parents, you either slept on the floor or the couch. This was already so much different than the other families.
"Awe, Looney, I'll go make some breakfast!" Blitz says, dashing out of the room, probably to a kitchen somewhere.
This made Cosmos tail wag harder. He loves food. You do as well, I mean, you did just wake up. You must be starving! You smile, feeling hopeful for the future.
Maybe we'll finally have a family after all.

With that began you and your brother's new life.

Hopefully, it's a good one.