1

You and your twin brother, Cosmo, sit, abandoned, on the sidewalk. Your ears droop, tears running down your face.
"Cosmo, I don't want to go back to the pound again." You manage to say between sobs.
Your brother, Cosmo, his head on his knees, responds sadly, "I thought they were good."
You wipe your eyes, feeling helpless. You and Cosmo had been abandoned before, this time being the third. Why didn't anyone want us? What was wrong with us?
Cosmo sniffles, staring at the buildings ahead of you both. You were glad no one was out at this time. You didn't want any creep to try to hurt you and your brother.
"Comet, do you ever think about our real parents?"
You think about your real parents a lot, questioning why they put you in the pound and what they were like, but you also hated them at the same time. They put you and your brother through something terrible that they just had to know was terrible! They knew that the pound was horrible, yet they still put us there. There must be something wrong with us if no one, not even our family, wants us.
"Don't think about them, Cosmo. They're cruel," you say, your eyes welling up with tears again.
You and your brother sit there on that cold sidewalk for what felt like hours. Both of you, wondering what was so wrong with you that caused three families to abandon you, don't notice the hellhound approaching.
"Hey, are you pups, alright?" The voice from the female hellhound asks softly.
You and your brother stare up at her, feeling scared.
"Where are your parents?" She asks, crouching down to your level.
You and Cosmo sit silently for a second before you decide to answer.
"They abandoned us."
She's stunned for a second, her ears go back, and she frowns before speaking again.
"Are you going to go back to..." She paused.
"Yeah..." You respond, knowing she was referring to the pound.
She looks behind her, seemingly thinking about something. She sighs before she stands up and reaches out a paw to you and your brother.
"Come with me," she says. "I'm Loona, and you two?"
Your brother stands, so you do too. Cosmo opens his mouth to speak before you cover his mouth with your paw.
"How do we know you're not a creep? Why are you taking us with you?" You stare up at her, trying to look fierce, but you probably look a little weird since your face is puffy and wet from crying.
"I'm not, I swear, I'm just... trying to keep you from going to the pound. I know how horrible it is there, and I don't want you to have to... stay there. Please, just take my word for it."
Your brother grabs your paw and stares angrily at you.
"Come on, Comet! What else are we going to do? Stay in the pound til we age out and become miserable addicts on the streets?" He growls at you. You look away, not wanting him to see the hurt on your face.
"Fine, we'll come with you, Loona."