2

Loona takes you and Cosmo to a large building, seemingly a business.
As she opened the door, she signaled for us to wait. The room was dark, but you could tell that this was definitely some sort of business, hopefully not one for creeps and perverts.
"Okay, follow me," she whispers, guiding you both to another room.
She opens the door and you can tell that it's her room, hence the bed and emo clothes.
"Why do you live in a business tower thing?" Cosmo asks, causing you to give him a side-eye, trying to silently tell him not to speak to strangers.
"It's my da-" she clears her throat. "This stupid guy that adopted me owns the business."
You stare at Loona with a blank expression, not on purpose, but just deep in thought. If she has a family here, maybe we could have a family.. no, don't get my hopes up.
She stood awkwardly before she broke the silence.
"I don't have any spare beds or anything. Are you two alright with sleeping on the ground? I'll give you blankets and pillows, obvi."
Of course, she doesn't offer us her bed, and who says "obvi"? Maybe she was a creep, and maybe they shouldn't have listened to her, and they should have just stayed on the streets. They could have been better in the streets, maybe the pound was good for them, maybe they weren't ever supposed to have a family and it would be better if no one had the burden of-
"Ow, Cosmo!" Your thoughts were interrupted by your brother elbowing you in the ribs.
"Let's make our bed already!" He responded, annoyance obvious in his voice.
"You're such a prick."

You and Cosmo finish making your makeshift bed-made of blankets and pillows and stuffies. You were exhausted, but you didn't know if you and Cosmo were safe enough to sleep, so you stayed awake as Cosmo got to rest.
Apparently, Loona was also awake, as she asked you a question.
"So, your name is Comet, right? And your brothers is Cosmo?"
You debated ignoring her, but ultimately decided speaking to her could do little harm.
"Yep, we're twins."
"Wow, do you have like "twin powers" or something?" Loona asked, chuckling to herself.
You squint at her. "No."
Loona smiles awkwardly. You look away, not wanting to talk anymore, staring at the wall across from you.
After a while, you don't notice, but you drift off to sleep, having nightmares about the abandonment you just went through.

No, no, no, no, no!
Your eyes dart open, the room much brighter than the night before. You sit up, feeling miserable from the amount of nightmares you had. You look over at your brother and feel better. He's always been by your side. He'd never leave you.
You look to Loona's bed to see that it's empty. Your ears turn towards the sound coming from outside the door.
"Blitz, please. They're kids! You know what it was like at the pound!"
"I'm sorry, Looney honey, but how are we supposed to take care of CHILDREN for f###s sake? We run a MURDER COMPANY!"
Loona was arguing with someone. Though, you only care that they own a murder business. How could you be so careless? No one would ever truly just want you and Cosmo. Why did you follow a complete stranger into her house? She's in a murder business! She's probably planning to kill you and Cosmo! Oh no, Cosmo!
You hurriedly shake your brother awake.
"Cosmo, we have to get out of here! They run a MURDER BUSINESS! They're gonna kill us!"
Cosmos eyes go wide, "A-are you sure? Maybe you misheard or something?"
"I'm sure, please, we have to get out of here!"
Then someone opens the door.