PROLOGUE

"...b-but think about this, what is it that could possibly be beyond the swarm of titans?! Can you imagine all the things we could've explored once the titans are gone?! No, actually, can you imagine a world without titans?!" a woman who wears an eyeglasses, happily explains all the possibilities that they could experience once the titans are all gone.

Everyone agrees with her thoughts and also shares what they think would happen and what they would see once all the titans are annihilated. The blonde man with thick eyebrows just silently watched and listened to the woman with eyeglasses, smiling. Perhaps, thinking about how enthusiastic this person is or how they lighten up everyone's mood... or not everyone? The blonde man turns his gaze to their "HUMANITY'S STRONGEST SOLDIER" sipping his tea. He almost laughed at the way this little old man stares at their "HUMANITY'S SMARTEST SOLDIER". He looks so damn done with his life...or with this woman.

"You might regret that later." he muttered.

Everyone suddenly stopped with what they're doing when he said it out of nowhere.

"Ayo?" the woman with the eyeglasses, eyed their commander and their captain suspiciously.

The blonde man with the thick eyebrows, playfully pulled the woman's hair while laughing.

"You dirty minded scientist." he whispered.

Everyone just laughed at the sight, well, except the shorty boi, it felt like for once, they've no worries to think about at that moment. The shorty eventually smiled, hiding it by sipping on his tea. He wished that this moment wouldn't stop. Just all of them, sitting together, all around a campfire, comfortable with each others' presence.

"How about you, Levi?"

He looked at her, waiting for what kind of question would she bombard him with this time. He looked at her eyes...but dang, wrong move. He might fall much more. Wait, what?

"What about me?" he asked, moving his gaze away from hers and just looks at his tea, which is already damn cold.

"What do you think your life would be, in a world without titans?" she asked curiously. Glasses reflecting the fire, eyes  shining brightly, pupils dilating.

He quickly moved his gaze away, again, afraid that he won't be able to handle it anymore. Then he started thinking, of what life he could have had if there's no titans.

Maybe he would still be in the underground, living his thug life with Farlan and Isabel. Maybe he wouldn't be beaten up by Erwin and Mike and wouldn't even meet them nor manage to have them as friends. Maybe he would not have to experience all the death of his loved ones, his comrades. Maybe he wouldn't experience being trusted by his own squad, he would not have experienced the trust and respect other people could give him. Maybe he would not have felt appreciated by his abilities. Maybe, he wouldn't suffer with the nightmares of Farlan and Isabel being eaten by a damn titan. Maybe...