Chapter Twelve: Battle In Canterlot

Back in Canterlot, now that the Canterlot has been conquered by the Storm King's forces, the ponies were now being led around on chains like dogs while others were forced to weight on the creatures by giving them back massages and filing their claws down. The ponies are either stuck in cages or are forced to do the Storm Guards bidding with metal muzzles on their mouths, and any kind of material that keeps them from using magic or flying.
But some kept hope, one of them being Songbird Serenade. The mare was locked in a cage, singing a song about breaking through a storm in a hope that the ponies wouldn't give up. But she soon stopped when a Storm Guard slammed the side of her cage, saying something in its language she could only assume was a threat to shut up.
But hidden out of sight was all of the villagers and visitors from Ponyville. They had received a message from Spike earlier and they are charged in releasing the trapped ponies. Stygian had went through Twilight's copy of the Crystal Mirror and fetched Sunset Shimmer for the battle. The combined team glanced at each other in confusion when they saw the sun and moon go back in forth from day to night. Though, Shira was horrified at the situation and she knew what was happening. The Storm King had already stolen the magic from all four of the alicorns, except Princess Furry Heart. But the Ponyville team's attention was caught by an unexpected sight.
As the sun and moon continued to switch places, a small group had arrived outside of Canterlot. A familiar dark orange Abyssinian in white chef clothes was leading the five ponies toward the gates. The Abyssinian still not sure how Pinkie Pie had gotten them there so quickly. The ponies behind him were all chained up and muzzled, pulling a large cart with a giant cake behind them. On top of the cake, a small purple dragon was standing perfectly while unleashing a tiny flame from its mouth.
When they arrived at the main gates, the two Storm Guards crossed their spears to stop them. "Uh, yeah." The baker dressed cat told the guards. "I got a delivery here for a Mister 'The Storm King'." He showed them the order slip. "I was given explicit instructions to bring this here cake to this here castle's throne room." The Storm Yetis glared at him before staring at the cake and letting out a bunch of growls and pointing their spears at him. "All right, then." He began to backpedal. "Look here. Could one o' y'all go be a pal and go tell your boss he's not gettin' his congratulations on subduing defenseless pastel ponies cake?" He turned around at this point. "Cause I don't wanna be the one responsible for the big guy missin' his special dessert. You know what I'm sayin'?" He stepped over to the ponies and used his paws to count down from three. As soon as he hit zero, the guards lowered their weapons and stepped aside. Pinkie smiled at this and Capper winked at them before they made their way past the guards. "Thank you kindly, fellas. I'mma be sure and put in a good word for the botha y'all." The ponies passed the guards, all of them glaring at them.
Applejack whispered to Pinkie fiercely, "Pinkie! Quit lookin' so happy! Ya ain't foolin' nopony!"
"Oh!" Pinkie took notice of the situation and understood quickly. "Okay!" Her expression then did a one eighty, the mare now whimpering as they made their way through the city. They saw their friends all chained up, caged and forced to do labor. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both saw the Wonderbolts and the birds trapped inside of the cage. Soarin gasped when he saw this and the other ponies looked nervous, Rainbow Dash winked at them.
And as they made their way to the castle, Grubber walked down the street and into a stand. "Mmm!" He smirked from behind a pie stand. "Pie!" But just as he was about to eat it, he spotted the cake. "Oh." He rushed over to it. "Hello cake!" He leapt onto the cart and swiped his claw through the icing. "Ooh! Don't mind if I do!" But as he pulled his hands away, it revealed an eyeball poking out of the cake. "Mmm! That's some, like, gourmet ithing!" But then he noticed the eye, which made him blinked. "Who putth eyeballth in filling?" The eye then blinked, making Grubber yelp before spinning around and yelling, "Guards!" Before one of the parrots shot out of the cake and pulled him inside.
But the outcry was heard, the surrounding Storm Guards turning to them. "Uh oh." Capper gulped as the forces glared at the group. "Plan B?"
"The jig is up!" Rainbow yelled before slamming her hoof into the cart. Barely a second later, the cake exploded, the hippogriffs and the pirates jumped out of the cake before Rarity fired a beam of light straight into the sky.
"What's that?" The Storm King asked, staring up at the laser as it cut through the clouds. When it did, it revealed something that had been hiding above them. "And what's that?"
It was four large groups of creatures. One was a reptilian army. The other group was a predatory bird and wildcat hybrids. The third army was an eagle and pony hybrids. The fourth were pony bug hybrids: The dragons, the griffins, the hippogriffs, and the changelings.
"Dragons!" Dragon Lord Ember roared. "ATTACK!"
"Griffins!" yelled Lord Greggory. "Attack!"
"Hippogriffs!" screeched Sky Break. "Defend!"
"Changelings!" King Thorax announced. "Free the ponies!"
The four armies dived down, the ponies watching in amazement while the Storm Guards were in utter shock. The dragons reached the city and started launching fireballs, the flames hitting their shields and spears and melting them. The griffins had reached the city and started battling against the Storm Yetis. The hippogriffs flew into the city and started attacking Storm Yetis. The changelings also turned into giant armadillo-like creatures, rolling up and crashing into the many Storm Guards. When they did this, they morphed into maulwurfs and other large clawed creatures, all slashing through the chains and cages that trapped the other ponies. The counterattack had begun.
The Canterlot War was now in full swing, ponies, dragons, hippogriffs, griffins, and changelings all working together to defeat the Storm Guards and rescue the citizens.
More and more ponies were freed as the fight raged on, the main battle being with the remaining Mane Six and their new friends. Applejack used her lasso skills to tie the beasts up while Rarity and Capper worked together to trip them. "Lovely." She smiled after tying them up in a giant bowed ribbon.
"Surprise!" Pinkie leapt up to a guard and held out a present, the guard dropping his weapons and taking it as Pinkie vanished. But when he undid the box, Pinkie shot out of it while holding a cupcake. "Double surprise!!" She thrust the cupcake into his face, making him stagger back as Pinkie began to unleash a barrage of cupcakes on him.
Fluttershy continued running, but stopped when a spear stabbed the ground in front of her. "Ooh!" The Storm Guard glared at her, making her quiver. "You seem tense." She showed a caring smile. "Do you wanna talk about it?" The Storm Guard blinked at her, raising an eyebrow.
Captain Celaeno kicked a Storm Guard away and slashed at another, locking weapons with it until Rainbow flew down and tackled it. "Yeah!" The pegasus cheered as she soared around with a smirk on her face. That smirk doubled when Soarin suddenly appeared. "Soarin! You're okay!"
"Thanks to you all!" Soarin laughed as the other Wonderbolts appeared along with several other ponies, who were recently freed from the secret Ponyville team.
"Head for the castle!" The parrot captain called out with a swing of her sword. "We'll hold them off!" Starlight, Trixie, Rogue, the Wonderbolts, dragons, hippogriffs, and changelings all appeared at this, knocking away more beasts.
"Come on!" Rainbow exclaimed as she led the group toward the castle, the only one staying behind Fluttershy as she was comforting the storm creature that was bawling his eyes out.
"Let it all out," she told him while patting his shoulder, only to hear her friends yell her name. "Oh!" She smiled at him. "Sorry. Your time is up." She spread her wings and flew away. "Buh-bye!" The Storm Yeti returned the statement as she caught up with the others.

Shira had somehow wandered onto the bridge that led to the castle's courtyard, ready to fight against the ones who are hunting for what's left of the Mane Six (and Spike), Skystar, and Capper. But they had heard the cries of more Storm Guards appearing behind them.
Skystar appeared at this, yelling, "Keep going!" They nodded and ran ahead, only Shira had jumped out of the shadows and stood next to Skystar, startling the bubbly hippogriff. "Who...?"
"Fight first, ask questions later," replied Shira quickly.
Skystar was quick to agree, especially with the incoming battle that was about to happen.
Shira's instincts have took over, and she was just barely able to dodge the first swipe in time. The Storm Yeti, however, wasn't an amateur, as he immediately pulled back and launched onto the offensive. He traded blow after blow, feinting and slashing with the skill of a Storm Yeti.
Just as the monster swung his clawed hand at her, she countered it with a dodge. Her eyes were illuminated by the lightning, and it almost looked like her blue eyes were glowing with electricity. Intense determination ran through her. Shira felt her fear being replaced with deep anger.
Shira kept him from getting a shot at her as she dodged the attempted blows. Her senses opened up. She saw his attacks coming and started countering the attacks. She leaned forward and tried a kick of her own. The Storm Yeti deflected it easily, but she saw a change in his face. His eyes narrowed, and he started to attacking her with more force.
Since he has done one, Shira decided to do her own technique. Shira tried the kicking maneuver. Her feet hit the base of the Storm Yeti's and Shira pushed, putting her whole weight into a downward kick.
CRASH! Shira had managed to make him fall down to the ground and jumped off of him. Her eyes were illuminated by lightning and her fur glistened with the rain. But she stiffened when she saw some Storm Yetis coming towards them.
Shira smirked. "This should be fun."
Skystar took out her googly eyed clams. "Shelly. Sheldon." She threw them at the closest guard and blinded him.
The two new friends started fighting alongside each other for a while. They soon gained some aid from the other creatures. But the battle came to a halt when a bolt of lightning was sent into the clouds above Canterlot.
The whole city looked up and saw the clouds begin to spiral around. "Uh oh." Shira grimaced before a powerful gust of wind flew past them and almost knocked them over.
"Where did that come from?" Skystar said, stunned.
"The Princesses' magic, remember?" replied Shira. "That idiot King took the magic of the Four Princesses."
As the staff powered up, a giant tornado appeared from the sky and looked ready to suck anyone away. Not just that, torrents of rain poured down on the castles. The raindrops sounded like pebbles beating the ground. Dark gray storm clouds swirled in the sky, flickering with flashing lightning and rumbling with thunder.
"We need to get to cover!" cried out Skystar.
As she said this, a massive explosion filled the air and they looked back to see Spike and the rest of the Mane Six shooting into the air.
"What the...?" Skystar looked surprised and confused at the sight as they flew into the tornado. "How did that happen?"
"I'm learning better not to ask," Shira said. "Let's get out of here. Quickly!"
After they defeated the Storm Yetis, the Mane Six's friends and allies each took cover from the storm. As the time passed by, everyone was stunned to see the storm had cleared up into a clear sunset.
"Now what do we do?" Fluttershy asked the others.
Everyone shrugging before seeing Twilight shine a small smile towards Tempest. The Storm Commander nodded before speaking up. "Now... We fix everything." She and Twilight headed back into the throne room, the two of them stepped up to the hole that the staff had originally been thrust into to steal the magic, and this time, they pointed the crystal at it instead. When they pushed it into the hole, the magic exploded out of it and flew into the room. They expected it to simply flow back into the alicorns, but it instead spiralled around the statues as the crystal broke away from them. One by one, the princesses reverted back to their true forms, Cadance gasping for air while Luna tried to fly off, only to realize where she was. Celestia then took a deep breath before turning to her former student. "Twilight!"
"Princesses!" Twilight exclaimed as she ran up to Celestia and hugged her.
The rubble that surrounded them began to move and float into the air. To their utter amazement, the castle was being rebuilt. Within moments, almost all the damage done by the Storm King was coming undone... and it wasn't just the castle. The magic began to spread throughout the whole of Canterlot, repairing the damage done during the invasion, liberation and storm. The ponies, changelings, dragons, griffins, hippogriffs, the two Abyssinians, and parrots marveled at the sight.