Chapter Eleven: A Team's Company

After revealing herself to the ponies, everyone was stunned at the sight of her. Shira explained her past to the ponies and the Storm King's invasion on Abyssinia. Many of the ponies were friendly towards and introduced themselves to her. Shira had even let Mage Meadowbrook help disinfect her sliced left ear. 
As a few days passed, Starlight had lend one of the guest rooms to Shira and let her rest there when none of them were busy. She and some of the Pillars of Equestria had went outside to protect the Ponyville ponies.
But one day, Starlight Glimmer's magic was flickering and was struggling to keep the magical barrier up and running due to her exhaustion. Shira was growing worried about Starlight's tiredness as she kept the magical barrier. And she wasn't the only one.
Starlight's friends and the Pillars of Equestria were all worried as Shira was.
"Starlight." Everyone turned to look at Shira as she stepped out of the hallway. "You need to rest. You're going to tire yourself out if you keep this up." Starlight's eyes raised at Shira's gentle and yet earnest face, her ears were pinned back with determination and straining strength. Shira looked at the surrounding crystalline castle's magical table, a great idea lit up. "Starlight. Do you think your protection spell could reflect on the castle?"
Starlight's eyes widened in surprise, as did Star Swirl and Mistmane at Shira's sudden suggestion. "I-I can try."
Everyone went to the castle room, though the sight of it had caused Shira to widened her eyes with slight amazement. Everyone stepped back as Starlight stepped forward, her unicorn horn aglow in a magical light blue aura. When the light pinkish-purple carefully placed her aglow horn on the crystal table, the table had let out a bright beam of light and had made a huge magical barrier up.
"Good job Starlight," said Shira with a smile.
"You should get some rest," Mistmane told the younger unicorn gently.
Shira glanced at one of the green hinted windows with wary curiosity. Torrents of rain poured down the village in Ponyville. The raindrops sounded like pebbles beating the ground. Dark gray storm clouds swirled in the sky, flickering with silent lightning and rumbling with powerful thunder. It was barely evening, but the stars started to sparkle brightly in the night sky. Despite the darkness of the appearing night sky, the stars were so bright and clear like distant diamonds sparkling in the night, while the sky is like deep indigo velvet that sparkled with the beautiful constellations overhead. As the clouds cleared, a silver circle of the full moon had also appeared in the night sky and had casted its soft silvery beams of light over the whole entire village. Shira smiled when she saw the magical blue dome that seems to be protecting the whole entire village from the Castle of Friendship to Sweet Apple Acres and Sweet Pear Acres from the window. But that changed when she suddenly saw a hint of crystalline blue coming up behind her.
Everyone turned to look at the glowing Cutie Map, confused and surprised at the sight of it. The Pillars of Equestria didn't know why the table had started to glow so brightly. It was as if a piece of the full moon was glowing in the throne room somehow. The ponies and Shira exchanged glances at the sight before them, unsure of what to make of it.
But luck wasn't on their side, a brilliant flash of pearly light some from the Cutie Mark Map table. "Ahh!" They tried to cover their eyes, but it was too late; they were momentarily blinded. Everyone's sight was starting to come back, but everything was still fuzzy.
Shira stumbled back a bit, but she placed a hand on the wall to steady herself. Shira's sight was starting to come back, but everything was still fuzzy. She shook her head as her vision has started to come back. Once her eyesight returned to her, she turned to look at the Cutie Map Table and jumped back instinctively. "What happened to the map?"
Once everyone had recovered their eyesight, they were surprised to see that the Cutie Map had increased in size by showing more locations that are on the outskirts of Equestria. Shira's eyes widened when she recognized the shady town of Klugetown out in the southern deserts. Flash Magnus was surprised to see the airships that has the colorful signs of sky-pirates. Lastly, Stygian looked amazed at the sight of Mount Aris.
"From what I understand, Twilight and her friends are searching for the Queen of the Hippogriffs," said Starlight, remembering what happened at the ruined celebration.
Shira perked up, as if she a bolt of realization had hit her. "Did you say hippogriffs?" Everyone turned to look at her in both confusion and curiosity. 
"Do you know something about the hippogriffs?" Somnambula asked Shira curiously.
Her expression became worried. "I'm afraid so." Shira nodded. "The last time I had went there, the place was a complete ghost town." The Pillars of Equestria exchanged confused glances, not familiar with Shira's reference. "Not a single hippogriff was seen there." All of the ponies exchanged nervous glances at Shira's words. "The hippogriffs had disappeared without a trace after the Storm King invaded Mount Aris."
"How did you know that?" Double Diamond asked her curiously.
Shira scoffed, leaning against the wall and crossed her arms over her chest while speaking with a dry, sarcastic tone. "The Storm King and his minions sure don't know anything about being subdue." She shook her head, clearly annoyed. "For goodness sake, he or one of his minions has left behind his symbol on the abandoned village."
Star Swirl exchanged a worried glance with nervous Stygian. "That means Twilight and her friends are heading towards empty territory."
"Not to mention, Twilight has Tempest Shadow and a group of Storm Yetis hot on her tail," said Rockhoof.
Shira let out a weary sigh. "I wished I've told her and her friends that before they took off."
"Look! I could see their cutie marks!" Everyone turned to look at Scootaloo and glanced at the map that has mini-versions of the Mane Six's cutie marks traveling across the map. "The Map is tracking them from here!"
Everyone gathered around the Cutie Map and saw the Mane Six's cutie marks. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie seemed to be swimming together through the sea while Twilight Sparkle (and Spike, probably) was exploring in the opposite direction, alone. Shira exchanged a worried glance with the concerned ponies. Their worries were proven to be correct when one of the Storm King's airships had suddenly appeared and seemed to have captured Twilight, but haven't noticed Spike was nearby and he saw everything before he ran back to the abandoned village of Mount Aris.
🌟⚡️🍎🦋💎🎈
Having swam back to shore, the five Equestrians all moaned at the freezing chill of the ocean. Rainbow shook her entire body to get the water off. Rarity let out a gasp and fell to the floor, exhausted from the day's events.
Applejack shook off the water and looked around, worried about Twilight. "Ya think maybe it's time we track down Twilight?"
"She's...been...TAKEN!" They all turned to see Spike running down the beach, looking out of breath.
"What?!" Rainbow yelped as she flew in front of Spike, causing him to stop running.
"Twilight!" He yelled. "She's been taken! Tempest! She grabbed her! And took her away on her ship!" This caused them all to go wide-eyed and gasped in horror.
"We gotta get'em back!" Rainbow told the others, blaming herself and her friends for leaving Twilight by herself on the island when she was searching for the hippogriffs with only Spike for her company and calm down her nerves.
"How?" Fluttershy asked as she stood up. "We'll never catch up to an airship!"
"And we got no way to defeat those Storm Yetis," Applejack added. "Dah dragons, griffins, and changelin's won't attack until they get word from us, and we don't have anything to send ta them! By dah time they send us another message, it'll probably be too late."
A tall shadow could be seen from the top of a huge boulder and a familiar voice could be heard from him. "And you're in luck, cuz I happen to know of a group of mighty heroes that could handle this easily!"
All of the ponies spun around to see a smiling Capper, his green eyes were illuminated by the pale sunlight. "These heroes have faced the Storm King's army and escaped!" All of them (except Applejack) became interested. "I've seen them tackle the streets of the roughest towns, break out of the tightest situations, and inspire others to join their cause!"
"Ooooh." They all said, but Applejack looked skeptical.
Applejack rolled her green eyes. "Now don't get too excited. He's just talkin' about us."
"Awww..." They all moaned.
Capper chuckled and leapt off the rock. "They even escaped certain doom at the hooves of Commander Tempest!"
"Yeah," Rainbow added. "That was pretty great."
"Are you kidding me?!" Another voice called out, making them look up to see Captain Celaeno and her crew atop the cliff above them. "That was awesome!" She and the crew leapt down and landed next to them, one of the pirates letting out a might squawk.
"Figured you could use a claw!" Boyle laughed, holding up his clawed metal hand.
"We're on board to help you fight the Storm King!" Captain Celaeno told them before looking sheepish. "Just not on board our...actual ship."
"That crazy unicorn sunk it," Mullet growled before pointing at Rainbow. "But you got back our argh! And we're ready to kick some booty." The other pirates all laughed in agreement as Captain Celaeno drew her sword, the others smiling at this. But before they could say anything, a new sound caught their attention. It was coming from the ocean, the group turning to see a large circle of bubbles.
"Whoa!" They all yelped as something flew out of the water that was covered in sparkling light. It was a brilliant cocoon that burst open, shattering to reveal a young yellow half bird and half pony creature with a light blue mane and tail.
"Is that what I think it is?" Capper asked, the others simply standing there with amazed expressions.
Princess Skystar glided down and landed on a rock in the middle of the water. "Hellooooooo!!" She let out a singsong. "Me again!" She let out a series of giggles. "I'm gonna get so grounded, but I talked things over with Shelly and Sheldon and they pointed out that you were just trying to help your friends." Pinkie's smile grew huge as she walked up to her. "So, I wanna help too." She flew onto the beach and smiled at the party pony, then held up her now claw tipped front legs. "'Cause ya know... One small thing..." She whispered the next part. "Can make a really big difference!"
"That's it, right?" Spike asked. "We didn't make friends with anyone else?"
Suddenly, some bubbles begin to come out of the ocean, then multiple bubbles. Everyone gasped in surprise to see the ocean bubbling. Suddenly, fifteen more merponies rise out of the ocean and transform into golden and silver armored hippogriffs. Then all of them have landed on the beach. The one leading them is Queen Novo.
"Mom!" Skystar runs up to her mom, and gives her a hug.
Queen Novo smiles softly as she hugged her daughter. "You are so grounded after helping our friends." Skystar's eyes widened in shock when she heard it.
"You want to help us?" Applejack asked her, amazed.
"An old friend once told me that if we don't stop the Storm King now, he'll become everyone's problem." Queen Novo gave an empathetic and sympathetic glance at an amazed, but secretly sad Capper. "Plus, she said that is we don't fight then who will. So, we decided to join you on the battle for your home. Of course, my daughter beat us to it."
The others smiled as Seaspray stepped up next to Capper with a proud smirk. "Let's get to Canterlot and show what happened when that idiot mess with us hippogriffs."
It was here that Capper pulled something out of his coat: A couple sheets of paper. "Figured you might need some more." He smiled at Spike and gave him the papers. The young dragon grabbed them along with a pencil. "Ya'll ready to do this thang!?" The others nodded with a smirk as Pinkie turned in the direction of home.
"We're coming Twilight!" The others nodded at Pinkie Pie's words, cheering loudly while Rainbow and some of the hippogriffs took to the air.