"Your hair."

Frick, my hair too? Ah, he needs to sail and see more blondies like me - really!

"Cheng Zhou."

I blinked hard. He was staring at me the whole time, demanding answer. His eyes contain that enraged look, because I seemed to not give him the attention he wanted. Which I did not give, anyways.

Seems like my natural beauty is the cause of all these unlikely true suspicions!

"Well, you see... I am actually raised by wolves! I got this kind of look because they bestowed me with it! White furs, and I got this... almost white hair, you see? Maybe kinda yellow because well, wolves fur are sometimes a bit dusty so.. Hehe, and my eyes? Err, you know wolves got that blue-ish eyes, right? That's where I got it from!" I explained 'calmly', attempting hard to suppress a suspicious squeal that tried to escape the barrier between my lips. His eyesight narrowed.

Crap, darn it! The more I tried to make up lies, the more alarmed he became!

Anyway, ya' wonder why I got to speak those excuses like a seamless flow of river? Well...

I suddenly remembered a comic I once read - it belongs to my brother. Basically a girl raised by wolves, she had this illness but cured... by the bestow of wolves' looks.

I guess overly obsessed with reading fictions was not that bad, after all.

Yu Zheng withdraw his steps from me. Sighing softly with his eyes closed.

Man, he's majestic.

"How could I do the sacrificial to Moon God with such a madman..." He spoke slowly, his voice faltering. Husky and deeply toned. Melodically so daddy-ed.

I froze, my eyes wide open. As far as I could remember, he wanted to marry Qing Yi because he needed to perform the sacrificial thing to the Moon God. But in the plot --- well, since the Old Couple Gu failed to bring Qing Yi to him, he killed them. And then Qing Yi tried to save her adopted parents with his husband, Zhao.

Then, what else happened?

This snake killed Zhao. Imprisoned Qing Yi. Where the male lead, Dai Hua Xun, this snake's most trusted knight - acknowledged the truth about him being a literal demon---

"Come."

Yu Zheng's voice gushed out, making me almost flinch. He touched my wrist, gripping it to be exact. Pulling me to the bed I had been dreaming on that I was home just now. Home to my house in NYC.

"Tell me, where's Qing Yi, hmm?" He spoke, sternly. I eyed him from the corner of my eyes, giving him that 'bombastic side eye' look.

Pulling my wrist from his clawing grip, I let out a soft sigh. Trying to put that fake pout.

Don't judge me now. I'm trying to save the main character here.

"Am I not beautiful enough to be your bride, Your Majesty?" Looking away from him with my disheveled hair, I tend to act like that cringe girlfriend sulking to her boyfriend because of her chats being ignored for 30 seconds.

Yu Zheng's brows furrowed. He placed a regretful hand to his flawless forehead, massaging it abruptly.

Later on, he turned back to face me and replied in the most dishonest voice ever. "No, you're pretty."

He did not sound like someone who meant it at all.

"I need Qing Yi's blood." My face went pale when I heard that. Not that I am shocked he needed blood -- I knew it anyway but what made me gulp in fearfulness was the fact that...

If he could not get that Qing Yi, he will use my blood instead.

Gah, for my damned soul's sake! I am way too dumb to realise the true meaning why those oldies actually sent me here!

I thought I am smart enough, brave and stuff, but here I am --- making clown of myself!

"B- Blood? W- Whoa... W- why don't you just use the blood of... goat? Or.. Fish?" Stammering like that one emo-kid trying to confess to Serene back in NYC, I eyed him --- with the kind of look that is the opposite of confidence and braveness.

This time, Yu Zheng did not answer. Was he giving a think about my word? Did I outsmarted this snake by any chance?

"Tell me, do you want to mate with goat? Or fish?" He replied, sarcastically drawing that scary smile of his. Scary but spicy, to be exact.

Excuse me? I AM. You are a freaking snake, you lil worm! Haven't faced the mirror yet, huh?

"N- No." I replied. Hell nah I would say the things I have been thinking of. I could not afford to lose my head off from my body.

"You know my answer now?" He asked.

Forgive me for being too stupid, but really -- where is this conservation supposed to be heading at? I cannot really understand what he meant! I asked him, he asked me back. I answered him, he asked me again.

"H- Ha! Y- yeah, well. Mhm." I nodded, contemplating whether to smile or just maintain my resting-b face. Probably he is being too poetic and well-advanced in communicating. I do not really have to understand, do I?

Minutes passed with silence, that both of us did not fill. He was just sitting next to me - hair all white and his dark aura embedding from his tall, toned body.

I guess he must had been offended that I got blondie hair almost similarly alike with his!

"Cheng Zhou." He called, his voice deep. I stopped my secret admiration over his features and directly replied with a short, brief "huh?"

Huh? Sayin' ahh.

"Be my mate for the sacrificial. Now. Or I'll kill Qing Yi and her parents."

His words left me senseless, feeling a sharp tinge of every negative emotions flowing in pointedly straight into my body.