Leap of Faith

"SMG4! YOU HAVE TO JUMP!" Mario called out from the other side of the chasm. Four looked at him like he was crazy or something. "I'll never make it!"

"You'll be okey dokey!"

"No I won't!"

The hydra was heading straight towards Four in rage. "Please Smg4!" He looked down at the bottom which seemed a hundred miles below him, filled with sharp rocks that could kill anyone who fell. "Trust Mario!" After a whole day with Mario screwing him around, why should he trust him now? Four gulped and took a few steps back. Either way he was so dead. The hydra was right behind him as he tried to outrun it. It hit the ledge that Four was standing on, causing it to crumble. In a moment of panic, Four used his reflexes to quickly jump over to the other rock, but missed by an inch.

The others gasped as Four fell to the bottom. He couldn't watch this so he shut his eyes, not nothing a huge bubble that had formed that he landed on. It popped, sending him back up and over to the other side with a crash. His head felt like it was going in circles for a few seconds, but when he awoke, it was discovered that he had somehow made it over. Meggy, Luigi, Tari, and Boopkins cheered as Mario ran over and hugged him.

"Mario knew you could do it!" Four couldn't believe what had just happened. "I don't know how that happened, but that sure was a doozy. You were-" Mario's whole body shook again. "That wasn't it." They all looked at him confused. "What are you talking about Red?" Mario gestured in confusion "The hydra wasn't the doozy." On the other side, the four headed beast had given up and went back to the bog. "Whatever the doozy is, Mario's tingling says it hasn't happened yet."

That same eye of Four's was twitching with a vengeance this time. "You...I....WHAT!? THE HYDRA WASN'T THE DOOZY! HOW COULD IT NOT BE THE DOOZY! WHAT COULD BE MORE DOOZIER THAN THAT!?" Mario shrugged and said "Don't know. Guess it wasn't it." Four's eyebrows furrowed, his pupils went red, and he exploded into a fit of rage...literally. "Four can do that?" After a few seconds, he cooled down and sighed in defeat. "I give up." and he collapsed onto the ground. "Give what up?" Boopkins asked, making sure that Four was okay.

"I just can't fight it anymore. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, Mario's sense just makes sense. Just because I can't understand doesn't mean it's not true."

Mario was stunned, but it was hard to tell because of the amounts of shaking. "Y-Y-You m-m-mean y-y-you b-b-believe?" Four sat on a rock, holding his head in his hands and said "I guess I do." The moment he said that, Mario's body began switching from one shape to another, then stopped. He gasped and pointed at Four. "That was it! That was the doozy!" Four looked at him bewildered for what must be the thousandth time today. "What is?"

"You believing! Mario never expected that to happen! What a doozy that was!" He walked off, singing his theme song like nothing had happened.

~A few hours later~

Boopkins had stopped by the castle to see Four and Mario. "Oh good Boopkins, you're here. Could you help write down my letter?" Boopkins nodded and grabbed a pencil and some paper. "Dear Smg1 and Smg2, I'm happy to report that-" Boopkins didn't start writing because something had caught his attention. "Boopkins? Please focus!" The fish tried to explain "I know, it's just..." Four then knew exactly what he was talking about as he looked up at his head, that had an umbrella hat on. "Oh this. Never thought you'd see me wearing one of these huh?" He pointed to Mario who had one of his own and said "Mario is twitching again. What else can I do?" The three of them laughed as Four continued on his report.

"I am happy to report that I now realize there are weird things in this world that you just can't explain, but that doesn't make them wrong. It just means you have to choose to believe in them and sometimes a friend can help show the way." Mario added something of his own. "Spaghetti!"

"Your faithful meme guardian, Smg4."

The two were leaving when Mario's butt began to shake again. "What could possibly drop out of the sky this time?" Mario shrugged and said "You never know." Boopkins was going to put the letter in the mailbox when some familiar faces dropped out of nowhere. "Mario sense?" One grabbed the letter and they both waved and teleported away.

Boopkins just stood there while his brain caught on fire.