Showing Him The Truth.

Start from the beginning

Oscar: CatNap, please give me a second to explain! If you let me talk, we'll leave you alone!

The cat didn't seem convinced, but he sighed, much to our surprise.

CatNap: ...Okay. Speak, kid.

Oscar: CatNap, I will ask you some things, please be honest.
Why are you on the Prototype's side?

CatNap: ...Why would you care about that?!

Oscar: C'mon, just answer!

CatNap: Well, because He is our savior. He will grant us with the freedom we deserve.

Oscar: What type of freedom?

CatNap: You ignorants...aren't you aware of the torment, the torture us toys were subjected to? The pain we suffered?

Austin: And are you aware of the torment you subjected the others under that monster's command?!

Oscar: Austin, please!

CatNap: What torment?

Austin: Wanna know? WHO had killed a huge number of people, workers, caretakers, adults in general?! WHO locked the kids into PlayCare until they died? WHO tore off DogDay's LEGS and left him to ROT in a goddamn cell?! Are you aware of what you did now?! Are you aware of the torment YOU subjected US? And your friends?! All for what?! For that...thing you adore?!
Open your eyes, CatNap! You are a fucking monster!

There was silence.
I breathed deeply, as I almost suffocated due to the huge loss of breath after saying all that monologue.
My blood boiled with rage. I hated thinking about the Hour of Joy, although I was unable to imagine an exact image of what that might be like.
When I calmed down a bit, I looked at CatNap. He was pale with surprise.
He looked down and audibly sighed.

CatNap: ...Did I...was it that horrible...?

Maya: CatNap, uh... I can't say I understand you, because I can't understand what motivated you to do those atrocities... but were the children, DogDay and the other Smiling Critters to blame for all your problems? Did they also have to pay for the sins of the guilty?

CatNap: I...listen, in other type of circumstances, I would have never tortured DogDay or locked the kids, but...the conditions imposed were adverse to me.

Oscar: What type of conditions?

CatNap: The Prototype doesn't want any heretics to see another day. He ordered me to exterminate any heretics. The task was harder than expected, so I decided to attack the core of the group; DogDay. If I attacked him, the whole group would go down, but the others managed to stay alive despite the horrible circumstances.
And DogDay...well, if I'm honest, I only wanted to keep him locked away and torture him, until he begged for mercy, or until he accepted the offer. When I had the idea of tearing his legs off, I was way angrier than other days. I took the pleasure of making him suffer.

Austin: Wait...what type of offer?

CatNap: The Prototype finds huge potential in DogDay. After all, he is a charismatic, sensible, gentle and intelligent Critter. He would have become a great part of the Prototype's side if he wasn't a heretic.

Oscar: So you were planning to make DogDay join your side?

CatNap: Indeed. But, as expected, he was way too strong willed. More than...