Destiny? (part 2)

Previously on Destiny:

"Thanks, it was a great evening, you don't make a bad company," he said as I got down from the bike, in front of my apartment gate.

"I know," I said smugly.

"Erm....umm... I have to tell you something," he said hesitantly.

Continued...

"Go on?" I replied. He had to say something? Isn't this how the people in books confess...

"Are you free on Saturday?"

"Yeah, but why?"

"You know, the new amusement park you were talking about? You told Rishit that you wanted to go there? I got some free tickets from my uncle," he said. His uncle gave him the tickets? Too much of a coincidence, ain't it?

"Your uncle?"

"Yeah, the same one who gave me the match tickets."

"Really? You want me to go there with you?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"You know, people usually don't take their best friend's sister to amusement parks," I said. Who asks another person to go out with them, that too to an amusement park?

"But friends can hang out together, can't they?"

Vaibhav's P.O.V.

She really had to ask me that? Who's going to tell her I want to spend time with her mainly because over the past 6 months I have grown to like her? Please don't ask me how, I am unaware of it myself. The only thing I know is that when I'm with her there's this strange happiness I feel, and when it's time for me to part with her, I wish time could freeze so we could stay together longer. Like now...

"Yeah, right," she said a bit disappointed? Was I assuming things, or was she actually disappointed because I called what we have a friendship? Nah, probably just me overthinking.

"So, when do we meet up? and where?"

"I guess, be ready by 3:30, I'll pick you up at 3:35."

"Okay Bye."

________________________________________________________________________________

Rishika's P.O.V.

"Rishu, Vaibhav ke saath ja rahi hai tu? but why? Why would he ask you to go with him, uske to relatives ki kaami nahi hai," Rishit asked probably for the zillionth time in the past 4 days?

"Tu mujhe ullu bana rahi hai kya? Kisi aur ke saath tera jane ka plan hai na? Aur wo Vaibhav tujhe help kar raha hai?" {Translation: You are trying to fool me right? You wanted to go out with that date of yours, so Vaibhav was helping you get my free permission.}

I swear I'll start WWIII if he asks me that for another time. Log kinta ulta phulta soch sakte hai, agar I had to go out with a guy, I would have said that to his face and left! I am an adult, capable of making independent decisions! Who's going to make Rishit realise that I wasn't his five-year-old sister?

"BYE!" I shouted slamming the main gate in his face.

On reaching the complex gate, I found Vaibhav was already waiting there with his bike. He's before time, honestly, I think he would make a really good boyfriend. Universe thought it was fun to make a fool out of me, by showing how good a boyfriend material Vaibhav was, although there was probably 0.01% of us dating. Who was I kidding? Probably I wasn't even Vaibhav's type.