Kemi unlocked the door to his studio before he pushed the door open allowing them inside.

"Yo this place is dope." Lamar walked around touching everything like the damn child he was.

"Stop touching shit damn, are you a child?" He looked at Lamar who shrugged.

"Yeah-I mean technically I am."

"You ain't even been here five minutes yet and I'm bout to slap the shit out of you." He grumbled turning on the lights.

"Y'all too down start-I ain't got the time for all that." Waving her hand the two boys stopped arguing.

"Now let's hear the song please."

"Yes, please cause I gotta be back in the city before noon I got a hair appointment." Amara leaned against the chair.

"Why the fuck did you come then?" Kemi looked at her with a mug on his face.

"Cause I wanted to see you duh!"

"Well then shut up Cuz." He rolled his eyes before getting into the booth where he grabbed his headphones.

"Mar, play the second track for me." He spoke through the intercom making the boy nod before he sat in the chair that was in the middle of the soundboard.

He played the track with the beat booming through the speakers making them all nod.

"Oh I heard this." Lamar smiled turning up the sound making him sigh.

"Tell the truth."

"Tell the truth."

"Tell the truth."

"Everyone, has a closet." Coming out as a belt Kemi gripped the side of his headphones.

"In the night, they wear disguises."

"In the dark, they hide from the truth."

"In the end, they lie to you." He lowly whispers creating an echo in his voice.

Naomi leaned against the soundboard with one hand staring into the glass window where she could see Kemi who had his eyes closed as he got deeper with the lyrics.

"One day the skeletons are gonna come out

"One day the elephant in the room will make a sound."

Lamar looked over on the keyboard before he hit the record button.

"Watch out for lions and tigers and bears."

"It's bout to hit the fan, better beware."

"Tell the truth."

"Tell the truth."

"Tell the truth."

"Tell the truth."

In a hitch pitch his voice slowly gravitated in a much softer tone as a fresh set of tears poured down his eyes. The way his voice sounded you could feel every emotion with every note.

"Tell her why you lie for no reason."

"They point fingers and bite the hand that feeds them."

"Help em, Lord for they know not what they do."

"Swear to God they know better than you."

He looked up seeing Lamar smiling at him making him slowly nod back in return—his brother was his number one rider, when everything falls Lamar had his back.

Even through he got on Kemi's ever lasting nerves that was his baby brother—and he gone forever have his back just like Lamar had his. When everything else failed it was them two against the world.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I swear your music gone be next level—I mean you brining old school r&b back with that voice of yours."  Lamar praised him as they walked upstairs.

"Boy what the hell you know about some old school r&b?" Naomi looked at him.

"I know that it was good." He replied rolling his eyes making Kemi chuckle as he walked unlocked the door.

"The song was dope though—when you gone put it out?" Amara asked sitting on the couch he shrugged not really knowing.

"I don't know I wanted to wait till the performance you know to have everybody talking bout it."

"I say drop it now—that way it's building the hype up for the show next week. If we drop it now we can have it all over the radio by midnight." Quinton voiced his opinion making Kemi look at him.

"You for real?"

"Dead serious—I can talk to my friend at the station tonight and have them playing the song an hour after you drop it your call though." Everyone looked at Kemi who grinned.

"Well why we still sitting around? We got a song to drop." Grabbing his laptop he set it up on his lap before grabbing the flash drive that the song was on.

He plugged it into the laptop before uploading it to his labels website. He looked at his mother who nodded with a smile before he hit enter.

"First single of many bro."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Authors Notes
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Just something slight, the next chapter is a long one with some interesting moments happening.