▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Walking into a small cafe Kemi held the door open for Katelyn as they walked inside taking a table by the seat he slowly took his shades off blinking as his eyes adjusted to the light.

"So—you like the city so far?" Katelyn asked him as a waitress approached them.

"Hi, what can I get for you two?"

"Can I please get a Caramel frappe with almond milk and extra Caramel syrup at the bottom." Kemi ordered her to nod.

"Just get me an iced coffee with extra cream and sugar." Kayley smiled before turning back to Kemi.

"It's fine I haven't really done anything yet—there was this guy last night who banged on my damn door like a damn hooligan." Shaking his head at the memory he chuckled.

"Was he cute?" Kate asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Why the hell do you wanna know that? Ain't you got a boyfriend." Kate shrugged with a laugh as the waitress placed their drinks down in front of them.

"I love my man, but that doesn't mean I can't know if somebody else was cute—it ain't like I wanna fuck em." She rolled her neck.

"He said his name was Donnie—apparently my music was too loud so he wanted me to turn it down."

"How did you get mad at him when your music was loud in the first place? Need to turn that shit down." She pushed his shoulder making him smile.

"Whose side are you on? It's not like I could hear the shit."

"And he supposed to know how?" Cocking her head to the side she stared at Kemi.

"It doesn't matter, don't bang on my door like you pay the bills."

"Mmh—let's go to your meeting with the label about to start." Paying for their drinks they left the coffee shop.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"This shit is nerve racking—I ain't never had to go up to a label for anything." Kemi muttered as they entered the large binding.

"Cause you were sheltered by a controlling asshole but this is your time to shine. Like I said, just be you." Kate whispered to him.

Walking up toward the front desk Kemi cleared his throat, gaining the receptionist's attention.

"Yes?"

"O'Kemi Brooks—I had a meeting with Mr. Jackson." He tells her. Nodding, she begins to type on her keyboard before looking back at him.

"Okay press the top button on the elevator and he'll be waiting for you in his office." She instructed him, making him nod before he walked off.

He sighed entering the elevator as he stared deep in thought, staring at the buttons as he thought back to the conversation he had with his dad.

Flashback two weeks ago

"You wanna do what?" Quincy looked at him as Kemi sat in a chair inside his office.

"I wanna terminate my contract here—it's time for me to move on, and I can't keep living under your guidance. It's not right for my music." He shook his head.

"What do you know about what's right for you? You think people actually care about your music? They aren't the only way you ever get on the charts if you do it the way I planned for you." Quincy told him in a stern voice.

"But see, that's the problem, it's what you wanna do! Not everything goes fine as long as it has your name on it—but I don't want your name anywhere near my career. It's not supposed to go like that." Kemi shook his head.