Chapter 5

a day or two after the incident I'm sitting in my room with the curtains open making a bracelet and listening to some music on a spare screen norm gave me. While sitting and humming to myself, max barges into my room and looks at me nervously.

"Hurry and get dressed kid! Pack a small bag for yourself too!

He left to go grab some things from the lab which confused me but I did as he said, bringing my tablet screen, some toys from the Navi kids, a few spare clothes, another exo mask, my small hair bead container. And other items. After getting everything I ran to go find max who was frantically packing up the helicopter with norm

"What do I grab?..."

"Nothing kiddo just get inside and get comfy okay?..."

I hesitated but complied and went to take a seat inside, putting my bag beside me and holding my stuffed animal close to my chest, playing with the fabric to calm myself since I was a bit anxious at the moment. After a couple minutes the two got on the plan and got situated in the front of the helicopter, norm tossing me my blanket I had accidentally left on a box to which I thanked him before getting comfy. I put in my headphones and turned on my favorite music, laying my head against the pillow and laying horizontally on the chairs with my blanket covering me till I eventually passed out.

————————       ————————       ————————

After an ungodly amount of time I woke up when the plane landed, startled I lifted my head to look around through a window but instead seeing nothing but a plain beach which made me confused since I was last in the forest. Max was carrying out equipment which made me raise a brow and sit up from where I layed and poke my head out through and opening of the helicopter where I saw various Navi. But very different from the usual forest ones I saw back at home. Instead they were a teal color. Their tails were thicker and their arms were finned. There was various women, men and children standing around watching norm and max head into the village. I watched confused and somewhat frightened till I felt a finger poke me and looked over to see a couple Navi kids my age but naturally taller then me, staring at me in awe as they looked at me till the other Navi all turned to look over at me and back away, some hissing which made me go back to my seat inside the plane where I remained unseen by the Navi. Listening as they talked in Navi while some approached the helicopter to try and get a look at me till the voices died off after a while. I sat in the helicopter for a while till max came to check on me.

"Kid? You okay?"

Upon hearing his voice I turned to look at him where I sat on the floor huddled in the corner with my blanket wrapped around me and my bracelet in hand while my iPad layed on the floor beside me along with my stuffed animal. He chuckled as he stepped inside and came to sit beside me where he wrapped an arm around me.

"What are you doing all alone back here huh? You hiding?"

I nodded silently as I glanced up at him to which he just snickered and ruffled my hair

"Your so cute"

i rolled my eyes and looked away as i rested my head on his shoulder.

"So what's going on anyway?"

"Old friend of mine and your dad's. His daughter kiri had a seizure and he called us to come check up on her."

"Damn..."

"Yeah...it's- been a morning to say the least."

He glanced around the beach area, looking at the various Navi carrying on with their days peacefully till max nudged my arm

"Think you could live here?"

I looked up at him a bit surprised by his question but shook my head to which he chuckled and raised a brow

"Why not?"

I fidgeted with my fingers as I looked out a window at the vast ocean surrounding the village.

"I don't like the water..."

He sighed with a small smile as he wrapped his arm around me.

"But it's safer isn't it?"

I shook my head and just stayed silent as I looked down at my hands.

"These navi don't even know what humans are let alone would let me live here."

Max frowned as he rubbed my back and looked down at me sympathetically.

"You're just a kid Angel...while yes it would be strange, there's nothing you can do about who you are."

I glanced up at him anxiously as he tucked a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"I think once you got to know it all...you would like it here no?"

He questioned while I remained silent and leaned my head on his shoulder, staring out the window to get a view of the glorious clear watered sea surrounding the island, waves crashing against rocks and the white sand becoming soft and squishy the closer it was to the water while the sun beamed down on everything giving it a clear clean shine. Max put his hands on my shoulders and turned me to look at him to which I hesitantly did and looked up at him unsure, his soft calloused hand reaching up to cup my face where his thumb brushed my cheek softly.

"You are human. A kind, beautiful little girl with a heart of gold. Just give it a try...please?...for me?..."

I stared up at him, chewing on my lip slightly before smiling and nodding. When he saw my nod his smile widened before he stepped out and motioned for me to follow so we could grab something from the back of the helicopter.

"Grab the box of tools for me will you?"

I nodded as I crawled over to the back, moving aside some boxes before I found the exact one and walked to the back door of the plane, taking a deep breath as I slowly stepped on the floor and felt the soft sand between my toes and against the bottom skin of my feet which made a small smile creep onto my face before I started to follow after max into the village. Looking around at all the huts and completely forgetting about the multiple pairs of eyes on me and max which was from various other Navi. My breathe was completely taken away by all the sights around me and smells of the sea and gentle breeze that would blow by and brush up against my skin as I walked along the woven pathway that hovered over the slightly deep waters.

"Wow..."