Eight

"Who drew this?" Sarah says laughing as us three girls look at their drawing.

"Who do you think?" Kie says laughing as she looks at Pope.

It wasn't just a normal look at Pope though. It's one that made me... jealous?

They looked at eachother like they like liked eachother.

"You and Pope?" Sarah asks Kie noticing it too.

"I don't know." She says with a shrug. "I feel like he likes me but I don't know if I'm all that into him."

"So is it Kie or Julie?" John B asks once the two of us are alone.

"I don't know man. Kie feels more like a friend but I think I have more of a chance with her."

"But?" John B asks making me go on.

"Julie is different. She's smart, interested in what I like, goes for things she wants and beyond beautiful. It's just... she could have any person on the island with her beauty, and the chances she picks me? They aren't very high man." I state the obvious.

"What I've learned is if a women can have any man on the island, she's probably looking for someone who is head over heels for them." John B helps. "So are you like in love with her?"

"In love?" I say not thinking about that. I don't want to make a commitment that big. "I don't think so, but I think I can be."

"Then show that."

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ says getting out of the van.

"Like you could've done better."

"I could have. I took a welding class. You..." JJ starts to defend.

"Ok here's the plan. JJ you are trying to sell it, Kie, Sarah and I will be inside the store. And uh you two will be in the van." John B says smirking at Pope.

He shuts the door to the van on us as the 5 of them walk into the shop.

"Are you with Topper?" Pope asks breaking the silence.

"No, no way." I say in disgust.

"Rafe?"

"Nah. Rafe and I were just child good Bestfriends that grew apart. I could never date Rafe. And Topper has made it pretty clear that he's interested in me but at the same time I've also made it very clear that it's never going to happen." I explain.

"Why not?" He asks seeming interested in my life.

"Uh, I mean they're good guys, kind of. But I want a gentleman, I want a sweet, smart, charming guy that isn't afraid to show me he loves me." I state like it's that simple to find someone like that.

Maybe Pope is the person that's like that.

"You do realize you could have any man you wanted, right?" Pope asks.

"But why?" I ask confused not knowing that.

"I mean you're a very pretty girl." He stutters seeming nervous all of a sudden. "And really smart."

"Thank you." I say smiling at the boy. "But I don't want every man."

"Who do you want?" He asks curiously.

"I have my eyes on someone." I say with a shrug. "But he likes someone else." I say sadly. "I really hope things do workout for them."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

I knew she didn't like me.

Wait a minute. She likes someone but they like someone else....