Tricks of the Trade

Ember and the gang were now at a beach town called Palmpona Town. At that moment, they were walking along the beach.

"Sylve Sylveon?" Nova pointed at something in front of them.

The gang noticed a trainer with short dark green hair and black eyes, he was talking to a tall, cyan Pokémon with a black tail.

"What's that Pokémon?" Mairin asked.

Rotom scanned the Pokémon, "Wobbuffet, the patient Pokémon. To keep its pitch-black tail hidden, it lives quietly in the darkness. It is never the first to attack."

Ember recognized this Pokémon. This is the exact Wobbuffet that Jessie accidentally trades her Lickitung for in her old world. It's possible that Cassidy might get this Wobbuffet.

"Hey, that's a nice Pokémon." Ember complimented.

"Thanks," Wobbuffet's trainer said, "I'm Benny by the way."

The gang introduced themselves.

"What are you and your Wobbuffet doing, Benny?" Cilan asked.

"I was making sure my Wobbuffet was in tip top shape, I'm taking it to the Pokémon Swap Meet." Benny explained.

"Pokémon Swap Meet? What's that?" Mairin questioned.

"Every year they hold a swap meet here, so that Trainers can trade their Pokémon for a new Pokémon." Benny explained, "I plan to trade my Wobbuffet for a new Pokémon."

"Really? Why would you want to trade your Pokémon?" Zoey asked.

"I do love my Wobbuffet, but I wish to have a new Pokémon." Benny answered.

Cilan thought, "That makes sense, trading Pokémon is a good way for trainers to get new Pokémon." He said, "Come to think of it, I wish to trade my Poliwrath for a different Pokémon; the truth is ever since I caught it, I haven't made a great bond with it."

Cilan had caught a Poliwrath a few days ago. The Poliwrath was causing trouble at a pond that the gang was nearby. Poliwrath was injuring any Pokémon who tried to drink from the pond. Cilan challenged Poliwrath to a battle. Then he and Pansage were able to defeat Poliwrath and caught him.

"I wish to trade some Pokémon myself." Ember added.

"So do I actually." Alain added.

"Come with me, I'm heading over to the Pokémon Swap Meet now." Benny said.

"Thanks." Ember thanked him.

======

Benny led the gang to the Swap Meet location and it is held in the center of Palmpona Town.

"Wow. This is like a festival." Mairin awed.

Just then they heard a rumbling noise.

"Hey what's that sound?" Ember asked.

Suddenly they saw a herd of Tauros coming their way.

"What's happening?" Mairin asked.

"It's a running of the Taruos." The man beside Cilan replied.

"Running of the Taruos?" Zoey questioned.

"Yes. It's Palmpona Town's tradition. You see if any person is brave enough to touch Taruos' Horn, while running with them, you get a special trophy." The man explained and then he ran to join in.

"Say what..." Cilan almost face fault.

"That's the craziest tradition I ever heard." Zoey dreaded.

"Yeah." Mairin agreed.