Chapter 10 - Eternal Sorrows that bring Winter Shackles

Start from the beginning

"That is something I will not be disclosing. You are unworthy of hearing the name I was gifted by my parents. How mannerless has this generation become to finally reach a state of constant arrogance and egoistical issues. I can't believe the despicable state that the previous generation left for this world. War after war, I feel like at this point, I am the only one who is left with the true knowledge of this world. Therefore, I would like to see your resolve." The man stood up and raised his entire body, inflicting pressure via his toes.

"DON'T YOU DARE UNDERESTIMATE ME, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF S-"Sakurai screamed as she lunged forward aimed directly towards this figure.

"I will not allow that..." The massive ship that the Servant of Anubis was controlling came to stop the incoming attack.

"Ha... haha... hahaha.... Truly, and very despicable state this world has become. Wait until we realize that it could all be negated if the world just corrected itself." The figure began to question the core philosophy of the world.

"What is the Truth, sir?" Gil calmly questioned this figure while standing amast the ship. Veiling himself in Anubis' cloak, Gil turned into his normal servant form, barring the glowing eyes that he had attained in the pure form.

"It seems there is still pseudos who will be able to survive in the new world. It's no wonder you're the leader. Good to meet you, Servant of Anubis." The figure dodged the incoming question with a praise with the change in attitude that Gil showcased. "or should I call you by your real name? HMMMMM... GIL?" the figure smiled with a grin that covered his entire cheek.

"You haven't still answered my question. What is the true meaning of the Truth that you mentioned?" Gil asked his question for the second time.

"That you will find the answer, as you progress more into your life's story. The cleverly crafted and expertly thought-out decisions that you make, will soon determine how you will balance the world's fury and the world's death. Would that satisfy as a reply for now?" the figure replied to Gil. "Your friend seems to have sacrificed something extremely important and precious for attaining her powers."

"That is certainly true, though even I lost a lot when I attained the world's corruption in a single instant." The conversation continued between Gil and the hooded figure, with the massive ship blocking Sakurai from meeting the two individuals.

"I'm sorry, my love... but I will have to trap you for the time being, for I need answers before I can set out to kill you again. If I am correct, this individual is one of those people we are looking out for." Gil fashioned his scales in a manner to turn the sand pouring in around into a small cased like an hourglass, as it ticked down. Each trickle of sand representing centuries that have been lost in time.

As the narrator, I am forced to narrate the stories and journeys of various characters. Very few stories allow me to be able to speak freely and properly. If I am being honest, the concept itself is extremely flawed from the beginning. At the same time, where am I person who can showcase any sort of emotion. Everything that I am narrating, has already been written by the writer. I have no emotion truly. I can only narrate the story.

Therefore, this story, is going to be the interesting one that I will be narrating. Just how much more will I be narrating? That will all depend on the writer.

Who is the protagonist of this story?

Who is the antagonist of this story?

This... is also depending on the writer itself. I can't dictate anything apart from the things stated by the narrator. Afterall, the controller of reality is someone you cannot mess with, isn't it.

After all, even if my name isn't Des-Yeux, I will still be a narrator... I just wish that I can continue to peacefully watch the worlds in the multiverse without interfering in any way.

"HOW DARE THOU. ISN'T THIS HOW YOU WILL BETRAYED TO DEATH??? YOU DAMNED MUTT THAT I LOVE?" The voices of Sakurai echoed as she was being trapped in the sands of time.

Time

Space

The Audience

Power

"They are all useless, aren't they?"

Wait what...

"Oh, I know... like I said, I know the truth of the world. Therefore, even you cannot hide from me, Primordial." The figure smirked as he sat down again.

"Who are you speaking to. And who exactly is primordial, strange one?" Gil was now confused. He had never seen someone who was so nonchalantly having a simple conversation with him. The only one to even attempt to do that were Clara, Shikith and Arjun.

It's not that simple anymore.

"Do you know the significance of Petals, Gil?"

"I wish I knew. Could you please enlighten me as to how they are important?"

"Sit down, Servant of Anubis. I do not wish to fight for no reason."

"Then let me sit down." Gil tried to remain as calm he could.

The two individuals now sat face to face to each other, with the left of Gil having a massive hourglass shaped Sand Prison containing our Servant of Kore.

"How much longer will you continue on this path, lowly servant of death?"

"I do not know. I just want to continue striving for the peace that the previous generations wanted. I know that I am going to have an insignificant impact in history due to the nature of my abilities and the god whose vessel I am. Therefore, I do not know. What about you, sir?

"Interesting counterquestion. I will continue until I die, I guess. Afterall, my job is of such a nature."

"Wait you have a job. What is your job?"

"HUNT" this one single word echoed throughout the entire reality bubble.

Both Sakurai inside the prison and Gil, who now stood up due to the sudden realization as to who this individual might even be, both let out of the most scared gasp that they had ever let out their entire lives.

"I am the Original Servant of Hunting. I HUNT" chanted the figure as he stood up.

"No way. You really can't do this to us."

"I am the Hunter who always Hunts. No bounty ever escapes from my grasps. I am meant to be the one who delivers news of punishment or reward. To hunt, it is to live life."

"OH NO..." Gil screamed as he undid the hourglass prison, setting the Queen of the Underworld loose.

"Your bounty has now been capped. Therefore, it's useless."

"One part of my story seems to have completed. Looks like we'll have to survive this together while fending off each other, won't we Sakurai?" Gil let out a soft chuckle. He knew exactly who the person standing on the opposite was now.

"H...

U...

N...

T..."

"I don't care as long as I have you both dead and leave safely. I am going to make sure that it's not going to be painless. HA... HAHAHHAHHAHAHA!" Sakurai unleashed a breath from her mouth that looked like she had sucked the vital life force out of the undead individuals.

"Then let's begin this new fight, shall we. Let me attain the name of the The One who Hunted the Hunter. Isn't that right, Servant? Or perhaps I should use your real name. R-"

As Gil was about to finish the name, a power lance was hurled into his direction.

"The fun has finally begun, my bounties!"