The First Sight

Detective Vegas prowled the bustling streets of Bangkok's nightlife district, the vibrant pulse of the city echoing in the air around him.

Neon lights bathed the crowded sidewalks in a kaleidoscope of colors, casting eerie shadows that danced with the rhythm of the night. His sharp eyes scanned the throngs of people moving through the neon-lit alleyways, searching for any sign of trouble amidst the sea of revelers.

As he moved through the crowd, Vegas couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at the pit of his stomach. The recent string of murders targeting omega victims weighed heavily on his mind, casting a dark cloud over the vibrant city he called home.

He knew that the killer could strike again at any moment, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

Suddenly, his keen eyes caught sight of movement in the alley ahead, a flicker of movement that sent a jolt of adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Without hesitation, Vegas broke into a fast walk, his footsteps echoing against the pavement as he closed in on his target.

But just as he reached the alley, the figure vanished into the darkness, leaving Vegas to curse under his breath in frustration. He was about to give chase when a voice called out from behind him, stopping him in his tracks.

"Looking for someone?"

Vegas turned to see a figure leaning against the wall, shrouded in shadows but unmistakably omega. There was something about the way he held himself, a confidence that belied his unassuming appearance, that caught Vegas off guard.

"I could ask you the same thing," Vegas replied, his voice gruff as he sized up the omega before him.

The omega smirked, stepping forward into the dim glow of the neon lights. "Fair enough," he said, his voice tinged with amusement. "Name's Pete. And you are?"

"Vegas," he replied, his tone guarded as he studied Pete's face for any sign of deception.

Pete raised an eyebrow, a hint of curiosity flickering in his eyes. "Well, Vegas, it looks like we're both on the same hunt tonight. Mind if I join you?"

Vegas hesitated for a moment, weighing his options before nodding reluctantly. "Just don't get in my way," he warned, though there was a begrudging respect in his voice.

Pete grinned, a flash of mischief dancing in his eyes. "Wouldn't dream of it," he said, falling into step beside Vegas as they disappeared into the neon-lit maze.

As they navigated through the labyrinthine streets of Bangkok, Vegas couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air.

The neon lights cast eerie shadows on the walls, their footsteps echoing against the pavement as they moved deeper into the heart of the city's nightlife.

"So, Vegas," Pete began, breaking the silence between them as they weaved through the crowded alleys. "What brings you out here tonight? Finding someone to play with?"

Vegas shot him a sidelong glance, his expression guarded. "I'm working a case," he said, his voice tight with tension. "A string of murders targeting omegas. I was hoping to catch a break tonight."

Pete's eyebrows shot up in surprise, a flicker of concern crossing his features. "Sounds rough," he replied, his voice softer now, laced with sympathy. "Any leads so far?"