Part 29

Chapter 29

TSUNADE SENJU

The Senju Princess felt her presence get stifled as her sensei's chakra roared emphatically, flooding the whole area with his presence she looked up and found him standing on one of the roofs, dressed in his Hokage robes, standing straight as he glanced at them all.

"What is going on here?" he questioned his voice oozing authority, the glint of his eyes reminding her of just why this man was given the title of the God of Shinobi.

Even now, while being older than most of the people here, he was able to overpower them all including herself and Fugaku Uchiha, both of whom were at least S-ranked nins, powerful and famous in their own right.

"End this farce, and rein in your student," Danzo began as he turned to face her sensei, who frowned as he turned to face her.

"What is the meaning of this Tsunade, Fugaku? Why have you surrounded Danzo's house like this?" he questioned, and her eyes narrowed as she saw Shimura relax. The man must think he was saved.

Yet how wrong he was.

"We are only doing our duty, as per our oaths to the Daimyo's office," she answered, refusing to back down and pointing towards Danzo.

"Shimura Danzo has broken his oat and interfered directly in the succession process by sending his agents to the Land of Fire, an act that classifies him as a traitor, not to the village but to the Land of Fire itself," she announced, and she could see her sensei's gaze narrow at her words.

"She lies, she accuses me without any proof...."

"I have proof, and she cut in," before the man could continue, as the redhead from behind her stepped forward.

"Lady Tsunade speaks the truth. I sensed a small squad of four shinobi enter the capital thirty minutes ago and was the one who submitted the initial report to Lady Tsunade," Kushina began. She could see sensei's face shift at those words as Danzo's eye narrowed, a small twitch of anger and frustration that she didn't miss.

Sensei looked at Kushina beside her with a complicated expression, his face cold and impassive as it gave away nothing to what seemed to be going on in his head until she saw the first shift in his expression as he sighed, his features taking on a resigned appearance as he turned towards his old teammate.

"What have you done, Danzo?" he questioned, both resigned and frustrated as he looked at his teammate, who seemed to finally realize that he may be in trouble.

"I did nothing wrong. All of my actions were for the good of the village," he challenged again, using his usual tirade.

And she saw her sensei's frustration rise up as his gaze sharpened up, as his presence thickened, yet not for them, his ire directed towards his old teammate as he spoke up.

"Yet this goes beyond the village! You face accusations of dabbling into matters we shinobi have taken oaths to never be part of! So, tell me, is she telling the truth!" he spoke, his voice even yet powerful enough to shake the very ground as the two old war veterans stared into each other's eyes.

"Yes!" and her sense's face paled a bit at that answer.

"Yet I did so, for I found him suspicious and his actions treasonous!" Danzo defended himself.

"Treason! You do realize that such words shall not be thrown lightly, especially not for the people you speak of during such critical times," Sensei said angrily.

"Akihito Shirahoshi is connected to the Gato conglomerate in Waves and has partial ownership of the shipping giant, the same giant which I believe has been discreetly funding the rebellion in Kirigakure," Danzo accused, and she frowned at those words. She was aware of Akihito's dealings in waves yet was unaware of the complete details.