Part 28

Chapter 28

AKIHITO SHIRAHOSHI

Akihito and his men raced through the countryside as they headed straight for the border of the Mahiro lands.

Shinohara-san rode with him as Tachiayama-san had moved towards the central flank, leading the army there.

Trenches had been dug as the Mahiro men huddled back behind wooden barricades, as Akihito kicked his horse lightly, making it go faster as he pushed himself down.

"Shinohara-san," he commanded, and the old man nodded.

"Leave it to me," and with that, he pushed himself further, as he reached for his blade as he took out his sword, and swung it wildly.

"Ninpo: Dragon's scythe," and with that, a massive blade erupted from his blade, cutting through the air and the wooden fortifications to force them to go into the trenches.

"Forward!" he shouted as he pulled on the reins and made his horse jump over the initial line of enemy forces, as arrows bounced off the armor on his horse. As he was in the air, he pushed himself off the horse as he gripped his blade, and pushed chakra into it.

"Ninpo: World Cleaver!" he shouted as he swung it with all his might at the row of archers aiming at him, and even though few realized the danger they were in and tried to get away.

But they were too late.

CHING!

His attack cut through them, cleaving the initial two rows of men into two and dyed the whole ground red as he landed on the ground and began moving forward once more.

Shinohara-san was in command of the army and would be able to lead the men adequately, but this time, they had to bring down the enemy guard towers rather quickly, and she rushed towards the massive wooden structure, evading and cutting through the small number of men that got in his way.

The guards around the station realized the futility of their struggle yet still grit their teeth as they lunged at him.

"AHHHH!" as one of the men brought down his sword, he evaded to the right, quickly slashing across his gut before parrying the next one strike and using his foot to push him to the ground, as he kicked away his blade.

They tried to attack from behind, but he was father, jumping to the right as he sheathed his blade.

"NINPO: Wind Cutter!" he said as he blade gleamed a gentle green as a slash cut through the three men.

Akihito looked around and saw his men breaking through the enemy lines; the enemy centre had fallen, and his cavalry had emerged victorious with what seemed to be minimal losses.

The battle strategy had been somewhat dangerous, yet they couldn't afford to lose men so early into the war, for that was bad for both morale and logistics.

He looked ahead and could see the last of the two men stepping back in fear as they realized that they had lost the battle, and as he twisted his blade, they dropped their weapons and began to run away towards the distant fortress, which was their primary target.

The massive watch tower was now without any protection, and he took a deep breath as he pushed back his sword into the sheath and pushed his chakra into the blade. Despite the liberal use of chakra, the truth was that he was being very careful with the amount he used, for he knew he couldn't push himself to dangerously low levels in this case, for the war was not going to stop anytime soon, and though his forces were strong enough losing him would be a disaster for them.