twenty-six: goner

A few hours had passed and Taehyun's finally out from surgery. Beomgyu almost pulled his heart out in relief knowing the younger got through surgery but still remained unconscious. The nurses had moved him into the hospital room Suga had got for him.

And when Beomgyu walks into the room, following the nurses from behind, all he could do was stand there and look at how dreadful Taehyun looked.

Taehyun wore a mask that's connected to the NIV to support his breathing. He had a tube connecting his arm to the IV drip and another needle pierced into his skin connected to the blood bag.

He lost a lot of blood and those images of Taehyun lying on the ground in the rain flashes in Beomgyu's mind. Now, he's meeting Taehyun; pale and weak, with a bandage covering his upper torso. Even after surgery, blotches of red appear on it.

Beomgyu pulls the sofa to the side of the hospital bed swiftly and quietly, afraid he'd cause a ruckus that might affect the younger's sensitive state.

He couldn't hold it in. He lets the tears prick the corners of his eyes as he takes Taehyun's hand in his, stroking it with his thumb as his heart sullen looking at Taehyun.

"It should've been me." Beomgyu mutters to himself.

Beomgyu places his arm on the bed and rests his head on it. He places a kiss on the back of Taehyun's palm before interteining his fingers with Taehyun's slender ones.

"Just for a while..." Beomgyu mumbles before drifting to sleep.

A few days later and morning reaches, Taehyun still hasn't woken up. Beomgyu returns back to his dorm to change into his clothes, packing a luggage and a backpack before he takes the cab to return to the hospital. Before that, he stops by the florist.

The brunette reaches Taehyun's hospital room only to be greeted by a familiar pink haired male.

"Yeonjun..." Beomgyu calls out.

Beomgyu places the bouquet of red roses with sunflowers in the middle, guarded with white baby breathes wrapped in brown paper and tied with a black ribbon on the stand beside Taehyun's bed. In the middle of the bouquet lays a small dark blue box.

Yeonjun notices the luggage near the entrance of the door.

"What are you doing?" Yeonjun asks, cocking towards the luggage.

"Hyung-"

"You can't be serious?? You're leaving?!" Yeonjun exclaims, cutting off the brunette.

"I told you. Taehyun's better off without me." Beomgyu says.

"Didn't you consider Taehyun's feelings??" Yeonjun asks in a disbelief tone while grabbing onto the latter's collar.

"I DID!!" Beomgyu replies, raising his voice. "I still need time. Taehyun does too. It's only for a while. Please hyung, you know that Taehyun and I need this. Until every thing dies down, though I'm not sure until when."

Beomgyu then walks towards the entrance when Yeonjun stops him with his words.

"I understand and I can't stop you, but I know you don't really want to do this." Yeonjun says.

Beomgyu grips onto the handle of his luggage and smiles feebly.

"I know. My heart's reluctant as well."

+×+

Taehyun felt it. The familiar warm touch around his hand that night. He recognises the familiar touch even if he couldn't open his eyes. He fights, wanting to regain consciousness, but his brain just won't let him. But he knows-