"You didn't think I would." she states.

"No. But I-I hoped I was wrong." he stutters.

"Yeah, well, I thought about leaving every day." she explains.

"What made you stay?" he asks.

"I found something I wanted more than a fix. For you to see me sober." she says.

"Well, guess my job here is done. See ya." he jokes, making her laugh.

"Come on." she gestures them to start walking.

"All right." he agrees.

★ ★ ★ ★

me, nolan, jackson and lucy are all getting our gear.

"So, I'm having a little get-together tonight. Kind of an anti-Valentine thing. Ben's having it catered." nolan says.

"Sadly, I'm not doing anything else." jackson says.

"Well, if Jackson's in, I'm in." lucy says.

"Wow. Way to make me feel like a consolation prize." nolan says. "y/n?" nolan asks. "i'll see if i can make it. i just got a new dog so, im trying to make sure we...bond i guess." i say as he nods.

"Since when are you anti-Valentine's Day? You're a romantic. Well, I-I mean I mean, you seem like one." lucy says.

"Yes, well, traditionally, yes, but, uh, this year, I thought I'd just embrace the single life." nolan said as the quartermaster placed our gear down.

then, lopez comes up to the counter.

"Shouldn't you be at the front desk, Boot?" she says.

"Oh. Right. Sorry. Muscle memory." i turn to the quartermaster "I don't need the gear today, so -" i turn to walk away but, lopez stands in my path for a second. i smile trying to not get mad. "sorry." i say as she finally lets me past.

★ ★ ★ ★

"Next." i say as a man steps up in front of the desk i'm stationed at

"Hi. Uh I need to talk to a vice cop." he says.

"Okay, about what?"

"Um I need to find a hooker. And not a street-walker. Uh, she's, uh, higher class than that. I, uh, met her at a hotel bar and, uh, spent some, uh, time with her on Saturday, and, uh, I'd like to take her out tonight on a date for, uh, Valentine's Day." he says.

"So you walked into a police station to find a prostitute?" i say, trying not to laugh.

"Well, yeah. You guys have, like, binders full of them right? I figure I can just page through the girls till I spot her." he says.

"Yeah, uh, I'm sorry, sir. The LAPD is not a referral service for prostitutes." i say.

"Okay, uh, you're standing in the way of true love." he says.

"love dosent exist. but, i guess that will have to be another burden for me to wear. Next."

★ ★ ★ ★

with tim.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it, either, but it's part of my recovery." isabel says.

"Can't you just admit all your sins to your therapist?"

she laughs. "I already have. The whole point is to make amends with the people that I've hurt. And I hurt you most of all."

"And telling me about all the horrible things you did is gonna make it better?" tim says.

"No. But only through honesty can you learn to trust me again."