chapter 6

i woke up in a cold sweat. i looked at my alarm and it read 4:27 AM. i sighed and decided i could just leave earlier and get some coffee.

i stood up with a stretch and grabbed my phone and walked to the bathroom. i checked my phone on the way and saw a reminder.

"take flowers and cup-cakes to Lances grave."

i sighed remembering today was the day he died. i undressed and got in the shower turning the water all the way hot.

after the shower.

i wrapped my body and hair in a towel and waked into my room. i grabbed my robe which i ordered a week ago but it only came yesterday when i was at work.

i put it on and sat at my desk and began doing some light make-up like always.

after i was done with my makeup i went back to my bathroom and dried my hair then styled it so i didn't look like a complete mess.

i looked through my closet and picked out⬇️⬇️

i stood from my bed when i finished tying my shoes and looked in the mirror

i stood from my bed when i finished tying my shoes and looked in the mirror. i fixed my outfit a bit then looked at the clock. it was 5:45 AM.

i grabbed my things and went to the car.

————————————————————————

after a 20 minute drive i pulled up to my favorite coffee shop. i texted nolan, jackson and lucy asking if they wanted anything and only jackson did.

i walked in and stood inline. "what are you doing here boot?" i heard from behind me. i looked behind me and saw Tim. "just getting a coffee before work. assuming your doing the same?" i asked. he nodded.

i turned back around and stood with my arms crossed then my phone began ringing. i grabbed it out of my pocket seeing i was getting a call from my 'mom' Diane.

i declined it and put my phone away until it beeped. i sighed and pulled it back out seeing i got a text from her.

"you need to answer me one day, y/n. i'm your mother. i don't know why you always ignore me. i never did anything to you. i was always a good mother. i want to know where my sons grave is."

i scoffed. "bitch please." i mumbled and put my phone away.

"everything ok boot?" i turned back around to face Tim. "yeah everything's...perfect." i gave a small smile. he nodded.

————————————————————————

"Everyone have a seat." sergeant grey said as he stood at the podium at the front of the room.

"Today is a special day for our rookies. 'Cause today we switch things up. That's right. Everybody gets a new training officer. Nolan, you'll be riding with Officer Lopez. West, you'll be riding with Officer Bradford. Salvatore, you'll be riding with officer Dante. and Chen, you'll be with Bishop. But learning how to navigate a new T.O. is not your only challenge. By the end of next shift, I expect every rookie to uncover something personal about their training officer, something they don't want you to know. This will be a test of your investigative instincts and your fortitude. Best insight will win a day off. Worst one handles Saturday night cavity searches. That's it. Good luck."