Feelings and Felting

Start from the beginning

"I wanna help!" Luffy said, trying to finish his plate a little too quick.

"Take your time, Lu! I have to move everything anyways! Just meet me in the study when you're done!"

"Don't forget to eat too, M'!" Luffy said, choking a little on his mouthful and chugging some milk.

"I won't!" I said, piling an extra helping onto one of the plates.

>>

   I set everything down in the study and gave it a good once over, nodding to myself as I looked on. I had everything in order, it was just a matter of starting. Right as I sat down, I turned my head to a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said. Luffy came in, looking a little more nervous than usual. Why did he even bother knocking?

"Hey, I, uhm..." he looked around nervously before stealing a glance at the scarf. "Oh WOW! I can't believe how much better it looks!"

"Are you ready for me to teach you how to help fix it?" I said, feeling bright and happy.

It felt good to have the help. Patching, sewing, blending, felting. Luffy sat down and took it all in, making sure to follow with his hands in an attempt to memorize the movements. Once I felt like he had it down, we got to work.

Luffy tapped his foot impatiently as he and I worked, trying desperately not to cut corners and move too fast. It truly was a test of patience for the poor guy, especially as he repeatedly kept pricking his finger tips.

"Son of a..." Luffy growled as he poked himself again.

"I hear you there, Lu."

We continued to work for a few more minutes. Luffy's foot tapped faster and faster. The more he tapped, the more irritated I got, until I finally let out an exasperated sigh. Luffy's foot slowed down, then stopped.

"S-sorry." He said.

"No... I'm sorry." I sighed, glancing at Luffy.

   His face was red with frustration but he was still trying desperately to keep his composure. I felt bad. He must have thought it would be fun to try and help fix it, and now here he was, trying not to curse under his breath and flip out.

"Luffy, I —." Luffy looked up at me, still wearing the same look of annoyance on his face, stopping me in my tracks.

"What?"

   Man, Luffy

   Man, Luffy. It looks could kill. I couldn't help but snicker at him.

"What?!" He said with a little more inflection, completely pausing now to glare at me. I started laughing harder, being forced to set down my needle as I laughed for fear of stabbing myself.

"You just look so damn mad!" I laughed.

Luffy blinked at me, his face suddenly relaxing in shock to my reaction. "Hey!"