Star Gazing <K. B.>

It was a perfectly clear night, all was quiet and there seemed to be an eerie calm in the world. I sigh however, the serenity being too serene, keeping me up more than soothing me. I got out of my bed and tried to silently leave the dorms. I didn't notice that Bakugo was awake too, and just sitting in the living room like a freak.

I was bored, and the only thing that used to soothe me enough to be able to go to sleep was watching the stars. I climbed up the wall and laid down on the roof, not caring about being dirty or uncomfortable. I put my hands behind my head and just laid there. Not a care in the world. Until I heard the smooth voice of Bakugo.

"What in the hell are you doing up here?" He asked. I smiled softly for some reason. His voice held a gentle calm but it still had that Bakugo kick that made it solely his own. "I can't sleep. I used to always watch the stars. They calm me down. Can't sleep either I take it? Or else you wouldn't have followed me up here."  I said glancing up at him. "You can sit if you'd like too, I don't care." I added. He seemed to just stand there for a minute, considering my offer. Then he moved and laid down next to me.

"I don't get it. Why would you want to climb up here to just.. look up." His comment made me laugh. "My mom had a fairy light quirk. She could make small balls of light dance around her vicinity. They remind me of her." I said. "Miss your mom?" He asked a little in disbelief. I nodded. "She died a few weeks before I turned 13. She was why I wanted to be a hero. So people wouldn't end up like me. I just hope she would be proud of what all we have done." I said, feeling embarrassed I got so sad about it.

"She would probably be proud or whatever. You seem alright I guess." He said stiffly. "She would be dumb to not be proud to call you her daughter." He said more sincere. I smiled and looked over at him, to see him already looking at me. "I won't tell anyone, but, you don't seem so bad when you're alone." I said slightly joking but being very serious at the same time.

He rolled his eyes and pushed me slightly. I laughed more and shook my head. He could be nice if he wanted I just don't think he wanted too all, or at least most, of the time.

"Thank you." I said for real. He looked at me curiously.  "For what?" He asked. "I don't want to get sappy but what you said means a lot." I told him. He nodded and looked back up at the stars. "It's nothing, you're welcome." He said softly.

I didn't notice the wind pick up at first until it got colder and goosebumps formed on our skin. "We should head inside. It's getting cold." He said looking back over to me. "I want to stay a few more minutes." I said barely audible. "My room has a good view. We'll go there." He said sitting up and offering me his hand. So, I smiled and placed my cool hand on his. He pulled me up with him and we made our way back inside.

"So, you said your mom had a light quirk? How'd you end up with a lightening quirk?" He asked. I smiled softly. "My dad had an energy quirk. He could control the energy in the magnetic field, but not magnets. They combined in some weird way and this is what I was left with." I said wiggling my fingers with a small smile.

It was enough to slip a small smile into his face as well. "You aren't half bad when you aren't trying to beat me."  He said. I laughed and shook my head. "I'm never trying to beat you, Katsuki."  I said. He nodded and looked at me. "I know."