Chapter 9:

~Dedede POV~

The king was up late that night. The day prior, he managed to collect a DNA sample from (Y/N): a piece of hair. At least, that's what he hoped it was. He was currently on his throne, watching the monster delivery system start up. As per usual, the salesman appeared on the screen.

"Hey, King D, what's happening?" He greeted with his usual manner.

"I think I got ya a DNA sample from that human girl." He presented the loose strands of hair with pride.

"Yep, that's it. All that's left to do is transfer it to me and order a new monster."

Escargoon begrudgingly placed the sample on the transporter and sent it off. Something told him that there was another reason why they needed it.

"How long will it be until we get the results?" The snail asked, slightly uncomfortable about this.

"It shouldn't take long. I estimate that you'll get the results in the new year."

The king wasn't happy with this news and started to order the salesman to hurry the process up. Escargoon wasn't listening to the conversation; instead, his thoughts focused on why Nightmare Enterprises was so willing to help discover (Y/N)'s origins.

Are they planning on using her? Should I warn her? If I do, she'll probably hate me.

The snail had a bad feeling about this.

~The next day~

(Y/N) was bored, plain and simple. She hated that she was dismissed the day before. To make matters worse, she was told to stay out of trouble and not to interfere with any of Kirby's battles.

Ugh, this sucks...

It was so frustrating for her to stay cooped up in her quarters when there's so many other things to do. Meta Knight even thought about ending her training all together. (Y/N) could feel her rage boiling inside her, and eventually it would lead to an explosion.

Why can't I do what I was training for?! I'm not as delicate as everyone seems to think I am! Ugh..

Screw it.

She left her quarters in a huff. Her main priority was to at least grab a sword and practice on one of the many training dummies littered around the armory. Naturally, she was intercepted by Blade.

"Meta Knight's orders, lass. You're not a knight at the moment."

"Is it a crime to want to exercise?" (Y/N) stood with her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised in defiance. It was becoming increasingly difficult to deal with her lack of freedom. She knew that Meta Knight was trying to keep her safe, but this is a bit excessive.

"No, but how do I know you won't go off and fight?" Blade tried to block her again, but this time, she tucked underneath his arm and made her way into the armory.

The chase was on as he ran after her in a furious attempt to subdue her. Unfortunately, her foot speed was not as strong as Blade's, and he caught up to her quickly. With one arm, he grabbed her by her bicep and dragged her out of the armory.

"Meta Knight's not going to let this go. You need to listen to him now; he knows what he's doing."

(Y/N) was tearing up in frustration. "I'm not delicate, I'm not weak, I can still fight!"

Blade was taken aback by her sudden outburst. He sighed before sitting her down on the floor.

"You're not weak or delicate. You're actually very strong. But your mind needs to be as strong as your body."