39. Glazed breaths

Start from the beginning

Loved to smoke them after a gambling game he lost, loved to smoke them after a bad day at work. I have a very faint memory of the time when he got addicted to it. To a point when his whole world revolved around smoking packs of cigarettes, drinking his pathetic miserable life, then abusing my mother.

The side of my back burns at the memory, the pain burning my flesh as if my father burned me with his cigarette buds just a second ago still lingers.

I always wanted to try them once in my lifetime, feel the rush of power they give to actually hit someone to relive it again.

Walking towards Arhaan, our eyes finally meet as I got closer. The corner of his eyes softening as if they were longing for my arrival.

Weird.

" Missed me trésor?"

" Sure I did." I respond as he smiles at my sarcastic remark.

My eyes drifts to the cigarette in his hand as he makes a move to crush them against the tree nearby, my voice stops him.

"Can I try?" I ask.

"Um, no." As he glance over me.

"Why?"

" Cause they are bad for you."

" You sound like a hypocrite right now, isn't it bad for you aswell?"

"It is, but I'm already too fucked up so it really doesn't matter."

My lips part as my brows drop, while my eyes zero in on him.

Yeah, this look will definitely work and all I have to say is ple-

" Don't even thing about saying it."

" Arhaan, please I'll just try it once." Finally scanning my face for a while, he sighs. Finally giving in, probably thinking that I'd not give up.

"Just this one time, ok?"

" mhmm"

As he was giving me the cigarette, his hand stops mid air.

Bringing the cigarette up to his lips, he inhales while suddenly gripping the back of my neck with his vacant arm.

By the sudden pull, I stumble forward. Placing my hand on his chest for support.

Our faces were too close, lips inches apart as he whispers, "Just a little taste," while
Blowing the smoke in my mouth.

My eyes unconsciously closes up as the warmth of the smoke enters in my body, the bitter, foreign taste lingering on my tongue.

It's bad, like really bad but I can't deny the rush of exhilaration it brought me.

I could still feel his breath inches apart on my skin, an idea strikes my mind as without giving it a second thought I pull him closer by his collar when he was moving back, brushing my lips lightly against his.

It was a small touch, feather light.

But this slightest brief contact left me completely breathless as I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to feel his lips against mine fully.

In my mind, a whirlwind of thoughts swirled as I tried to make sense of the moment. But it was soon intrupted after I heard him coughing and choking on his own Breath as he tried to compose himself.

'Girl he clearly likes you.' The voice echoes in my mind.

'oh shut up, not rightnow.'

•°•☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆•°•