"Ragini beta, ek chai milegi?" he requested.

"Ji Dadaji," she responded from the kitchen, quickly preparing a cup of tea for him.

As she handed him his tea, he inquired, "When will Karanveer be here?"

"By tomorrow morning, he and chacha ji will be here, Dadaji," she answered, her voice warm with respect.

As evening descended, Ragini found herself standing on the balcony of her room, her gaze fixed upon the sky. The conversation with Swara replayed in her mind, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions.

So much has changed over the past year. Regrets weighed heavily upon her heart, chief among them being her ill-fated love for Laksh. She realized he was unworthy of her affection, a realization that came too late. She had to confront her own wrongs, including her misguided attempts to harm Swara for the sake of a man like Laksh.

What had possessed her to go to such lengths for a love that ultimately led to her own emotional destruction? From their ill-fated marriage to the deceptions and schemes she had concocted, what had it all amounted to?

As she reflected, Ragini realized she didn't harbor hatred towards Laksh. Instead, she felt a profound emptiness, devoid of any lingering emotions for him. It was a stark realization, one that forced her to confront the consequences of her choices and the toll they had taken on her own well-being.

Despite Ragini's initial hesitations and reservations, her marriage to Karanveer marked a significant turning point in her life. She never imagined agreeing to another marriage proposal, let alone finding herself in a union with Karan. Yet, against all odds, she had taken a leap of faith, embracing the opportunity for a new beginning.

As the months passed, she found herself gradually healing from the wounds of her past. Six months into their marriage, Ragini reflected on the unexpected journey she had embarked upon.

Karanveer and Ragini's relationship remained purely platonic. While they held mutual respect for each other and the familial bond they shared, their interactions never extended beyond family matters or when they required something from each other.

Ragini found solace in this arrangement. Over the past few months, she had undergone a transformative journey of healing and introspection, gradually overcoming the feelings of hate, betrayal, and hurt that had initially plagued her. However, she realized that despite her growth, she still struggled to open her heart to love and trust again.

For Karanveer, the marriage was primarily his grandfather's wish. Adheeraj Rajvansh, concerned about his grandson's future, had harbored a fondness for Ragini since their first meeting.

He saw in her the qualities that would make her a fitting partner for Karan, and he desired assurance that Karan would not be alone after his departure. 

Although Karan harbored his own reservations and Ragini's grandfather hesitated due to the wealth disparity between their families, Adheeraj's insistence had prevailed, leading to their union.

For Ragini, adapting to her new life was a challenge. From leaving Kolkata and relocating to Mumbai, to navigating the intricate dynamics of the joint family structure, she had to make significant adjustments.

The Rajvash family, a family from Udaipur, settled in Mumbai, consisted of Adheeraj Rajvansh, his son and grandson. Karan, his younger sister Manvi, and his uncle Mihir Rajvash, along with his wife Andita and their son Arjun. Tragedy had struck the family a decade ago when Karan's parents passed away in a car accident, leaving him and Manvi orphaned at a young age. Despite the challenges, the family shared a close and strong bond, and Ragini endeavored to find her place within the family, determined to honor the commitment she had made.