You only leave when he raises his voice at you to leave him alone and tell you that he's fine.
Tomura had never raised his voice at you before, but it didn't stop you from getting him a glass of water and bringing it to him before scuttering off again for good, leaving Cloud with him for company again.

*•*

Cloud wouldn't leave Tomura alone anyway after that. He was forever purring on his lap, or being held or following behind him, mewling by his ankles.
Even Dabi was getting freaked out by it.

"You didn't even want the damn cat." You'd heard him scoff once.

Tomura seemed to enjoy the attention, though. You seemed to find the two content in each other's company, sometimes finding Tomura murmuring to him like they were having a conversation together.
And then when you'd come back from the art class with Uncle Giran, you'd found Dabi staring off into the distance on the sofa with a cigarette hanging between his fingers.

"'Mura won't like that." You comment, startling Dabi.

"Jesus, kid! Don't sneak up on me like that." He groans, putting his cigarette out on an ashtray.

"You were staring right at me..." You point out slowly, but he doesn't really seem to be listening, his scarred and metal hand running through his messy white hair.

"'Giri's makin' dinner, me and Tomura ain't in the mood." He says, apparently ignoring your comment.

"Okay..." You reply, looking around at the seemingly empty apartment. "Is something wrong?"

"Huh? Naw, hon. S'all fine. Jus' tired." He says, smiling unconvincingly at you. "Think he's stolen your cat again."

You shrug a little. Cloud had been spending most of his time with Tomura anyway.

"How'd the class go, do anythin' fun?" He asks.

"It was okay." You reply absentmindedly, worried about the atmosphere in the apartment. "We drew a lady."

"Show me?" He asks with a small, hopeful smile.

Something tells you he needs this so you nod, going back out into the hallway and retrieving your sketchbook, flopping down onto the couch beside him and passing him the hardback book wordlessly.
He always handled anything you made with so much care, flipping the pages like they might just fall apart in his hands. His eyes glitter as he looks over all the pages, his fingers tracing over the scratchy marks on the page.

"So talented." He praises, kissing your temple.

"Thanks, dad." You mumble, embarrassed by the compliment.

"Love ya, princess." He sighs, leaning his head against yours for a moment. "Wish you were all small and cuddly again."

"Are you sure everything's okay?" You ask, worried, and leaning against him so he can have a cuddle.

"Mm, yeah. Just all nostalgic." He says, kissing your head and wrapping his arms around you.

*•*

"Hon!"

You get up from your desk, abandoning your school work and going to the door and opening it, peering at your dads as Tomura pulls his red sneakers on while Cloud rubs against him at the door with Dabi leaning against the front door as he waits.

"We're heading out for a bit, shouldn't be too long though. F' ya need anything or there's an emergency, grab Zero from downstairs, or call us, 'kay?"

"Okay. When will you be back?" You ask curiously.