Picnic

"Shortcakes!"

Strawberry could recognize that voice anywhere. She let go of Raspberry's hand after tossing her the picnic basket and ran upwards the hill, her lover's only response being an unsurprised sigh.

"Orange!" The green-eyed exclaimed as wrapping her in a tight hug. "It's been so long! How's the tour been?"

"It was a-ma-zing. Everyberry was dying to try one of my smoothies! Not literally, of course." She chuckled. "What about you? How's your bakery going?"

It had been enough time for Raspberry to set the picnic basket down and eavesdrop their conversation when Strawberry answered. "Flantastically! You all should drop by more often, it's been quite a while."

Lime, who was also overhearing the conversation, joined in. "You know we'd have breakfast there every day if we weren't such busy berries. The local reviews say you haven't lost your touch."

"That's true, but the universe brought us together today for one reason," Blueberry also participated. "And I think all of us berries know exactly what it is."

Everyone turned to both Lime and Lemon. "What?" Lemon questioned as munching a cupcake she'd sneaked from Raspberry's basket.

"I don't think it's a good idea to share it just yet," Lime intervened.

"To share what?" She kept chewing.

Before anyone could go on, Huckleberry, Bread Pudding and Sour Grapes appeared together. "S'up, berries?" Huck waved.

"Sorry we got here last, if only someone would ANSWER THEIR CALLS!" Bread exclaimed as turning to Sour, who just rolled her eyes as continuing walking uphill.

"Guys!" Raspberry was quick to jump out and hug both of them tightly, even if they tried their best to scape. "How have you been? How's everything?"

Bread's frown immediately vanished, almost as if sending it off to Sour, who received it at the moment. "Well, my boutique is flawlessly gaining popularity. But SOUR RIGHT HERE WON'T DO HER JOB PROPERLY!"

She turned to Sour for her to shrug. "He says I don't smile enough, and that I should treat customers kindler."

"HAVE YOU READ THE REVIEWS?" He shoved the phone's screen into Raspberry's face. "I can't do this anymore."

"That's why we're all on holidays." She wrapped an arm around both her friends' shoulder. "Just chillax, and let every worry go."

Sour was unaffected by her words, and Bread looked like he was about to erupt, but kept it to himself.

Meanwhile Huck had sat down to chat with the berries. "Really? That discography has the best of the best! Like Cherry Jam!"

"I know, right? It's so amazing." He grinned. "I hope you share my music with your friends. My very first album will surely be dedicated to all of you."

"You have your #1 fans right here." Strawberry pointed to all of them there.

___⁠♡___

"What have you all brought?" Huck asked.

"We brought... Try to guess, lemonade." Both Lime and Lemon waved their hands indifferently.

"Ours is way more difficult," Raspberry intervened, making Strawberry giggle. "We brought pastries."

"Actually, me and Blueberry teamed up for this and brought iced smoothies." Orange grabbed the overly protected and huge container.

"I brought the cutlery," Bread added.

"And I have cardboard cups, y'know, because of the environment and stuff," Sour showed as well.

"Cool! I brought matching cardboard plates!" Huck high fived Sour.

"BUT YOU GUYS BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER." Bread growled. "I'm getting sick of you two." He sat down next to Raspberry, she ruffled his hair and he moved a foot to the side before fixing it.

___♡___

Everyberry was completely stuffed already.

Lime and Lemon were laying down together just an inch apart. Also, Huck was playing some tunes to Blueberry to distract them from the argument Bread and Sour were having, eventually fixed when Orange started doing push-ups with Bread as lightweight.

Most importantly, Strawberry was witnessing it all with the biggest beam, and Raspberry resting her head on her lap, which the pink haired didn't struggle to caress.

Lemon noticed both of them and instantly felt guilty. "You don't... envy them. Do you?"

Curious by her question, Lime turned to them. "Of course not. How many times do I need to say we'll take this as slow as you need before you actually believe me?"

"Sorry." Lemon scratched her neck as slightly blushing. "I... I think I want to hold hands now."

Lime rose a brow at her, but didn't question it. She took hold of her girlfriend's fingers for a few moments before she retrieved her hand.

"Ooh, what a rush," Lemon commented. "That's enough for the week, right?"

Lime just chuckled before looking at her friends one last time. "We'll get there eventually, don't worry about it now, okay?"

"Okay," slightly wavering, she answered.