Custard

Getting out of the shower as immaculately as always, Raspberry headed to the wardrobe. "We don't have any special plans for today. Do we, my love?"

Even if it had been half a decade already, Strawberry just couldn't get used to that nickname, and turned into a whole flustered mess for just a few instances. "I don't think so. The weather's beautiful today though, don't you think it'd be the perfect time to have a flantastic picnic with all of our friends?"

"Ah, that'd be nice. We can bring leftovers from the shop." She picked out a nice sweater and matching jeans from her closet. "I'm dying to have a fashion argument with Lime."

Strawberry raised her glance from her phone's screen to admire her beautiful partner, even if she didn't return her gaze. "Y'know... I just feel so lucky about all of us being able to grow up together, who would've imagined?"

Confused, Raspberry turned to face her as she was getting her socks on. "Who would've imagined what?"

"Well, remember when I first got here?" She paused to chuckle. "Who would've imagined us now?"

"I know I definitely wouldn't." She shared a giggle with her as well. "But I was dumb, and rude. You're the only one to thank, Shortcake. You were the berry to bring all of us together."

The warmest of smiles formed in her lips just as Raspberry finished getting dressed. She crawled through the bed to embrace her lover by surprise.

"What are you doing?" She laughed.

"I dunno. I felt in the need of cuddles."

"C'mere."

Strawberry wet her hands when moving them to her partner's ever so voluminous hair. She reciprocated the sweet act by cupping her face ever so gently. "We can't do anything when Custard's watching."

The green-eyed whipped her head to the side to find her cat keeping a close eye on both of them. "Oh, ignore her. She's just trying to intimidate you."

"Well, she isn't." Raspberry turned to the cat once more.

"Kiss me then."

"I will." Still, she picked up a magazine and covered both their faces before softly kissing her partner's lips. "Just had to make sure, though."