Morning

"Baking without me? I'd expect more from you, Shortcake." She felt a couple of strong arms surrounding her waist.

Strawberry moved the dough bowl aside and turned to face her. "I didn't want to wake you up. You were all cuddled up with Custard, I still don't know who looked cuter."

Raspberry was quick to avert her gaze, likely trying to hide the recent pink decorating her features. "You're lucky you've got the best baker in the city to help you." She grabbed the bowl mix without hesitation. "Too much flour, really."

Her lover groaned. "It's been 5 years now, 'Differently Methoded, Equally Talented'!" She crossed her arms over her chest, thing that Raspberry noticed.

"Tomato, to-mah-to. You just look so cute when you get all like that." Cupping her freckled cheeks, she planted a soft kiss on Strawberry's lips.

The kiss wasn't demanding, but still was long due to her stillness. "... You taste sweet."

"You are sweet." Raspberry took her thumb to the other party's chin. "You do breakfast, I'll take care of lunch." She planted one last kiss before retrieving back to the bedroom. "Also, it's Bread Pudding's birthday next week, got any ideas?"

Still startled by the previous affection, Strawberry took a few instances to react. "I'll have Lime Chiffon to help us with the gifts. Did he tell you what kind of cake he wants?"

She shrugged. "No idea, but Huck must know, right? I mean, they won't spend a second apart lately, it's infuriating."

"No it isn't, and do I need to remind you..." The green eyed pointed to all the room. "All of this? I suggested separated kitchens for both businesses when we moved in, and now you made us open a bakery together because you can't stand whirling alone?"

She seemed severely offended. "That's not how it-! Oh, well, it did go that way, but it's going great! Our customers love us, Big Apple City loves us!"

"And you can't possibly imagine how much I love you, but that's not the point, is it? And you know Bread, remember when he thought YOU were secretly dating Huck?" Strawberry struggled to contain her laughter.

She immediately gagged. "No offense, but men, just ew."

The pink haired sighed. "You love Bread, somewhere in between the depth of your cold, dark, somber heart."

"Why are you mocking me this early in the morning, Shortcake? To think I left a quality conversation with Custard for a good morning kiss only to get this... Disappointing, really." Say her name and she shall appear as the cat roomed through the room in the lookout for some treats.

"Stop complaining already," her lover approached her and held her hands firmly. "We're supposed to enjoy our holidays."

"Oh, I know I definitely will. Just you wait." Raspberry grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer. "I love you, even if you don't believe me." She ended her sentence with a gentle kiss on Strawberry's forehead.