Running into Broken Arms

"We're almost there!" Mr. Clark exclaimed, seeing the familiar blue convertible. He unlocked the door "Get in!" He hissed, Cyrus ran to the other side, something grabbed his leg, tripping him. It was a kit, she had chunks of her cheeks missing as blood stained her lips, eyes were as clouded as a stormy day. She pulled his leg towards her mouth as he screamed "Mr. Clark!" He tugged his leg back and forth. The car reversed, smashing her head, bits of blood and flesh fell on
Cyrus's face. She lay unmoving on the pavement. Cyrus breathed heavily as Cinder helped him up and closed the car door. "Are you ok?" Cinder asked "Yeah, I'm fin-" she pulled him into a hug, interrupting his sentence "You better be," Mr. Clark looked at the backseat. "Seatbelts!" Both Cinder and Cyrus clicked their seatbelts. Cyrus looked out the window. It was bloody as cats bodies filled the place. Cinder looked terrified, it hurt Cyrus more than it should. "Hey, we're alive and that's what matters." He looked back at his window, "Wait, is that?" Cyrus looked up "What?" He went to her window "Is that Samuel?" She saw a young brown tom running from those undead creatures. Cinder put the window down "Sam!" Samuel looked at Cinder "Cinder?! Can you give me a-AHHHH!" The undead cat almost grabbed him. "Ride! Ride please!" He ran after the car. "Dad stop! That's Sam!" Cinder yelled, Mr. Clark slowed down "Jump in!" Cinder opened her door. Sam ran across the road, that thing not too far behind him. He jumped in, Cinder catching him as Cyrus closed the door. "Nice catch." he smirked "So, have you heard all hell is breaking loose?" Cinder asked. "Yes, I heard someone call them "Walkers" so that's the name I'm calling them," He got off of Cinder and sat on the left of the backseat.
"So what happened to your parents?" Cyrus asked.
"They're gone. They ditched me and ran out of the store as soon as those things walked in. People gathered into groups and started fighting them off but I was unlucky to get stuck outside instead of in."
Mr. Clark frowned "Are you sure they left you what if they thought you were behind them?" He suggested quickly. Sam looked down "I know because when that thing pulled me to the ground they ran. Instead of helping me." He looked out the window, watching all of what was unfolding. "So Mr. Clark. What's the plan?" Sam asked quietly. "I'm going to my house to pick up my wife, then we're leaving the US." Gunshots rang out in the distance "What was that?!" Cinder exclaimed. "We have to go past these cars, if we're lucky...there won't be a blockage." He turned the wheel left. "I'm scared Cy, I don't know what's going on and we could get killed by-THAT!" A walker latched onto the side of the car. "DAD!"
Mr. Clark growled "I know!"
He swerved left and right. The walker pressed on the glass, Cinder's eyes trailed to the bat next to her. "Dad I have an idea." Mr. Clark left town and is now in the country area. "What is it?" Cinder noticed a tree not too far ahead. "When you get next to that tree, I'm pushing this thing off!" She reached for the bat and put a paw on the window switch. "Be careful! I'm trusting that you can do this without getting hurt, hear me?!" She nodded, Mr. Clark was nearing closer to the tree "Go!" Cinder let down the window enough for the bat to fit through, the walker hissed. Cinder thrusted the bat through the slip with herculean strength. The walker hit the tree, its blood speckled on the window and Cinder's face. She sat back "I killed someone," she whispered in horror.