Fifteen: "𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙮."

Start from the beginning

I clench my eyes when I think of the only last possible reason.

Does he not like me anymore?

"Stop fucking overthinking."

My eyes shoot open at his words.

He's sitting upright now, hunched over with his elbows on his knees and his head cradled in his hands.

"Okay." Is all I manage to get out with the lump in my throat. What did I do wrong?

"You need to leave." he says, the words etched with sternness and slight remorse.

"No."

He's crazy if he thinks I'm leaving him here, alone and angry when he could potentially harm himself.

Dalaric wouldn't hurt an innocent soul so I don't have to worry about his friends. Except for the poor punching bag.

"Mayella, not the fucking time." He lays his head back, eyes still closed as he crosses his arms over his chest making his arms bulge.

I can't believe I'm challenging a man that could squish me with the veins in his arms. I'm brave like that.

"I'm not leaving."

If he's going to act stubborn, then so am I.

As I say that, his eyes shoot open.

Before I can even blink, he gets up and heavy footsteps sound in the room along with my nervous breathing.

He puts one large hand on the side of my face, lowering his head. Not for a hug, though.

"I go to fucking therapy because I'm angry, Mayella. You're going to get hurt, so fucking leave." He spits out, his eyes glancing down to his hoodie for a moment.

I know he regrets telling me to leave.

His eyes are soft as if he's forcing himself to spew the words that he hates. Not like I'm leaving anyways.

"Nope." I cross my arms and duck out of his hold, walking over to the couch.

I pull on Dalaric's shirt but he doesn't budge.

"If you don't sit on the couch, I'm going to ugly cry."

Dalaric sighs but makes his way to the couch anyways.

His left finger twitches as his jaw stays tightened, his eyes are hard.

I've never seen him like this before.

That doesn't mean I'm going to leave him.

Now for my plan. Taking out the white fluffy blanket and Mr. Jones from my duffel bag, I zip it close and put it on the rolly chair.

Initially, I planned to take a lil' nap here so I brought over my nap blanket and stuffie.

I was hoping that nap would be with Dalaric but since someone's stubborn, I'm going to have to do it the hard way.

After taking both items, I walk over to the grumpy man I've come to like.

I hug Mr. Jones as I crawl into his lap, positioning my body sideways. Before draping the white fluffy blanket over the both of us, I put my head in the crook of his neck, trying to overcome the temptation to lick it.

"What the fuck are you doing?" His voice is much more relaxed now, but his words contradict that.

"What a best friend does."

"Who the fuck said-" Typical Dalaric.

"Don't you dare go there, angel. I won't be very forgiving. Now shush, and relax."