8

Alexis POV

It was different this time. I hadn't seen him yet, but I knew it was going to be different as I walked up to his door. We weren't on the beach. I wasn't in a bikini and he may or may not have a shirt on when he answers the door. I still missed being with him and I wanted to kiss him again. But it just wasn't the same.

"Hey." A smile took over his face as he let me inside his huge home in a Brossard estate.

"Hi." I smile back and hugged him, my hands pressed against his bare back that I missed so much. He threw a hoodie on as we went into the living room.

"How was the trip up." he asked.

"Lonely." I admitted. The only reason I came out here was because I was lonely. I felt like I had to move on from my old life, and I just brought myself to Alex.

"It's pretty lonely around here sometimes too." He said.

"I'd say." I laughed. "Look at this place."

"Yeah it's not bad." he smiled. "You wanna see it?"

I smiled and nodded. He took my hand and showed me around the house. Downstairs first, with the bar and the gym and the hockey gear. Then the upstairs, where there wasn't much to show, except his room.

He sat on his bed and I sat next to him, cross legged.

"It's cold here." I said, sitting in a pair of shorts and a knit sweater.

"Yeah it's not Miami that's for sure." He turned towards me and set his hand on my thigh.

The way he looked at me now made up for all the awkward small talk we had since I got here. It felt like it did two weeks ago on the patio when he kissed me. I told him with my eyes that he didn't have to hold back, he could do anything he wanted to, I didn't mind.