6

Alexis' POV

I woke up in his arms, the same way I'd fell asleep. It was early, really early. No one was out on the beach yet. I felt him move underneath me and then his soft lips touched my forehead.

"That wasn't so bad." he said.

"You did great." I joked.

"Do we get to stay here all day." he said.

"I would, but I'm pretty hungry."

I got up. I didn't want to, but it had to happen sometime. And the awkwardness I'd thought would be there after getting up wasn't there. But he followed me inside to the kitchen.

We ate watermelon out of the fridge and sat on the island. I avoided this question since I found out he lived in Montreal, but it had to happen. We couldn't just pretend that this would last forever.

"When do you go back?" I asked.

He stopped chewing with a mouthful of fruit and looked at me. He didn't want to hear that either. He swallowed.

"Saturday."

"4 days." I said, realizing how close it was. What we had was so good. I didn't want it to end so soon. We were just getting started.

"Yeah." he wiped his mouth. "I guess we should talk about this. Cuz you're not gonna be easy to just leave."

"I didn't know this, would happen." I said, holding back a smile. He just made me smile all the time.

"I wish I could stay." he said. "But I have to go back."

"Of course." I smiled. "I wish I could go with you, but Miami's my home."

"What's next for you." he said. "I know you lived so many different lives, but, don't you miss were it all started. What you would've been."

"What do you mean." I asked, looking in his sea blue eyes as he spoke to me.

"When you were a kid, and you went fishing and played hockey. That's basically what my life is, I know I'd miss it if I were you."

"I think about it all the time." I said quietly. "Because that's the life I lived with my dad. And I miss him so much. I wish we never moved sometimes, because he wouldn't have been on that plane."

"I think you were really happy those days." He said. "I'd like to see that."

"I haven't been that girl in 14 years." I laughed. "I forget what it's like."

"How about we leave each other with this." he slid off the counter and stood in front of me. "Promise me that you'll come see me, so I can take you skating, and fishing, and whatever you want."

"I can promise you that."