Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Did you like our prank?" He asked, through a little bit of laughter.

"Thanks for reminding me." I said and took a step away from him, smacking him, still in his good arm, and then walking over to Trevor, smacking him in the arm as well.

"Hey!" Trevor exclaimed. "What about Chad? It was his idea."

"Thanks for throwing me under the bus, dipshit!" Chad yelled from the doorway. I didn't even say anything, just walked calmly over to Chad and smacking him in the arm too. "Skyler!"

"What? You didn't expect that? Whether you were here or not Trevor would've said something." I said, walking back over to Jamie and wrapping my arms around him again.

"No I wouldn't." Trevor said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't lie to me." I said, trying not to laugh. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, I was over the moon excited and happy for Jamie. "How does it feel?" I asked him, looking up into his eyes as I moved my hands to rest on his hips.

"It feels so good, I don't have full and complete comfortable movement yet but it's getting close. I'm so happy with it. Chad says that as long as I keep taking it easy I should be able to at least do a little bit of practice with the team by the end of the season. Maybe some no contact practices." He said, he looked so happy. This might be in the top 3 moments of how happy I've ever seen him look.

"Jamie, I'm so happy for you, this is incredible." I said, stepping on my tip toes and kissing him.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you most." I replied.

"Ready to pack up for the road trip?" He asked.

"What?"

"The road trip, we're going with for it. I pulled some strings so we're going to Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Edmonton with the team. The most of Canada road trip." He said.

"Really?" I asked. I was so happy, I missed home. That was the worst part of being in California, I couldn't see my family, ever. Every time I had time to call them everyone was asleep, so I barely ever got to talk to them too.

"Yeah, and both of our families have tickets to the Toronto and Montreal games so we'll be able to be with them for that." Jamie said. I wrapped my arms around his torso again and squeezed him basically as hard as I could.

"Let me grab my stuff from the office and then we can go home." I said excitedly, which he chuckled at a little bit.

"Since when were you guys going on the roadie?" I heard Trevor ask Jamie as I ran towards the building and to the door.

"A while, I didn't tell you because you can't keep a secret worth shit." I heard Jamie respond which made me laugh a little bit.

"Sorry about the prank, Sky." Chad said as I saw him in the office.

"I really don't think you are since it was your idea." I replied, packing my stuff into my bag.

"I'm not, but it's the thought that counts, right? Plus I think you needed that pick me up. You've seemed a little off the past few days. Anything you'd like to share?" He asked, stepping into the office and leaning on the wall.

"No, I don't think so. I think I'm just a little homesick." I said.

"Okay, well, if you ever need anything. I'm here." He said, tapping on the wall and walking out of the room. I sighed deeply and rested my head on the desk.

"How's it going in here, pretty girl?" Jamie asked, leaning up against the door frame.

"Ready to go!" I said, lifting my head and throwing my bag over my shoulder, grabbing my keys from the top drawer of my desk. Jamie and I walked out to my car.