XIV

Before this starts, I have some warnings that shouldn't be ignored.

Tw: suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt, possible succession in suicide, death, most likely won't make sense bcs I still can't write angst<3, I didn't run it through the grammar checker, so grammar might be bad

-recap-

Muichiro made it to the last chapter, but that was where she had to stop. Her phone was ringing. The caller was the last person she ever wanted to hear from.

-end of recap-

-・-・-・-・-・

Muichiro tried to ignore her phone ringing. She didn't want to hang up, or they would know that she knew they were calling. She let it ring out, only for the person to call again. Every time the phone stopped ringing, it just started again.

Eventually, the person gave up on calling her and started texting her. The person, was her mother. She was telling Muichiro something important. They needed her to come back early for spring break. She had to leave the only chance of a somewhat decent life early.

She had to leave Tanjiro early...

All of Muichiro's thoughts started overlapping. Between the texts from her mother and the worrying about what was to come next, Muichiro started to get overwhelmed. And her mother said that to make sure she came back, she would personally be picking Muichiro up from college to go.

Legally, Muichiro was an adult, so she should have been able to have a say in this, but her mother was still going to take her... what were her parents even getting out of this?

She finally looked at all of the texts her mother had left. She had read some of the first ones, but not some of the more recent ones. 'We'll be picking you up tomorrow, there's no way to get out of it' was the main theme around all of the messages her mother had left.

A small voice in the back of her head reminded her of the way she could get out of it. The way she would never have to worry about anything again. But that way would cause her to leave Tanjiro and Yuichiro. She was torn. Either she listened to the voice or she listened to her mother.

Both resulted in her leaving, but one seemed more appealing than the other. Muichiro looked back out of the window. She looked up to the clouds, then back to the ground. 'I know how I can end all of this, but I don't know if I'll be able to...'

She blocked her mother in an attempt to help clear her mind. She knew that this decision could be the last she every made... it could be the last decision she made while still being able to see Tanjiro. Her mind argued back and forth between her two options, which made it harder to choose.

After lots of arguing in her mind, Muichiro finally came to a decision. 'There is one thing I need to do first...' Muichiro looked over at her unfinished book. She had to write the last chapter first. Even if it was short, it needed to be finished.

She worked hard to finish the last chapter and put her all into writing it. Even if it was more work, Muichiro always wrote on paper and never typed her books. At least, she didn't type it until she finished writing everything on paper.

She got to the last page. Muichiro felt a tear fall down her face. This was the last time she'd be writing a book. The last time she'd get to sit at her desk and write all of her feelings on paper. The tear fell, smudging her writing a little, but Muichiro didn't care. She kept writing that last page, putting more thought into it than she ever had into a book.

And at last, the last sentence was finished. The entire chapter was short, and only took a little over a half hour to write. Muichiro closed the book and got a piece of paper from her drawer as well as her newly appointed cloud notebook.