[Chapter 2]

Chapter 2

Reader's POV

As I was finishing lunch and packing a bit of f/f for the road, I heard a knock on the door. That's probably Aph and Zane.

"Come in!" I yelled from the kitchen.

The door opened and closed, the sound of footsteps approaching. I turned around, expecting to see Aph and Zane. Instead, someone else was standing in front of me.

"Hey." Gene scratched his neck as he awkwardly stood at the entrance of the kitchen.

"What's up?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I heard that you were going to a lodge."

"Yep, that's right," I admit.

"I was wondering, why?"

"Well, I'm going to help clean it up with Aaron."

"With Aaron?" He questioned.

"Yep, he's already there with Garroth, Kim and Lucinda.

"I know it's not my business, but could I tag along?"

I sighed in frustration.

"Look, just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean I don't care for you."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright, sure."

"Great! Cause I already have my bags packed. Let me go get 'em," he grinned before skipping away.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes while smiling at the ridiculous scene.

I packed my suitcases into the trunk of the car. Once Aph and Zane arrived and organized their luggage into the trunk, we all ate a bit of f/f.

"Are we good to go now?" Aph asked.

"No, not yet. Someone else is coming along" I sighed.

"Ohh who?"Aph asked.

"Gene."

Zane grunted.

Aph nodded her head. "You two seem to be building a friendship little by little."

"Yeah, I guess we are." I smiled to myself, realizing it's better to let go of a grudge than to hold on.

Aphmau smiles.

"Will you be all right, Zane?" I ask.

"I'll manage."

I giggle, remembering their little feud for who was better suited to be Aphmau's best friend. Although, I'd say it's obvious to whom that title goes to.

"Hey! Weren't planning on leaving me behind, were you?" Gene shouted as he dragged his poor suitcase behind him.

"I totally never dream of it." I laugh.

Aphmau giggled while Zane rolled his eyes.

"Ooo, I call shotgun!" Aph called out.

Zane groaned, face palming, while Gene smirked at him, "Afraid to stay in a car next to me for hours on end?"

"Hardly." Zane sighed.

Gene hurriedly shoved his suitcase into the trunk and entered the car.

I fist bumped Aph as she started DJing. "Let's get this show on the road." We drove off.

Aaron's POV

We were setting up our sleeping bags in front of the fireplace. Garroth was finally stable after the exploding boiler incident, and Kim had calmed down from the surprise werewolf visitors, courtesy of Lucinda.