Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude

Start from the beginning

Dawn : Well, she did teach me a lot...but after that I just wandered around the world learning from every sword wielder I met.

Hakurou : I see...

Hakurou could understand that the swordsmanship he was facing was chaotic, calm, accurate, impressive, simple yet complex...

It's as if he was fighting multiple swordmaster who switched patterns every swing...Ultimately, the old kijin lost control as his eyes couldn't keep up.

Launching a vertical slash, Hakurou had to use his crestwater slash but it swiftly got deviated...using the edge of his sword, Dawn used the momentum granted to put it all on the offensive.

In the split of a second, he disarmed him and brought his blade right below his opponent's neck.

Hakurou : It's my loss...

Dawn : You are strong Hakurou-san...I might have lost if this went on for a little bit longer.

Naturally, the sowrd ogre's defeat made the watching public burst into whisper...

Gobuta : No way...that old man lost..

Reactions like these appeared everywhere.

Hakurou : Hohoho, it's not good to lie you know...anyway, i was a bit curious seeing your sword but as expected a good weapon is always accompanied by a good wielder.

Nodding, they exchanged a good handshake before leaving for their own activity...now Dawn had to pay a visit to Kurobe and Kaijin's forge...

At the same time as Hakurou, they were curious about his sword which radiated the aura of a piece of art.

Though Dawn accepted because...maybe, just maybe they could upgrade his sword even further...

It was currently a graded Legend weapon...but its power could go even further, as suggested by its enormous amount of EP...this sword in itself was an anomaly.

2 millions of Ep from Dimension...this was a considerable amount...

Dawn : (Anyway, the beastmen should be arriving in a few hours...Gazel and Erald are already on the move...)

The reason he decided to stay in Tempest in the meantime was because of these guests...Dawn wants to form a diplomatic alliance with Tempest now.

Hinata and Rimuru's fight didn't go overload as he stepped in before...and with his standing in Ruberios, he could take such a decision on his own.

Worst that could happen is giving a long report to Luminous afterward.

Dawn : Anyway, I'm here...

Looking at the workshop of Kurobe, the sound of a hammer slamming metal could be heard from inside.

The building in itself was rather old looking, it's probably because of the constant crushing heat and blacksmith like design that it was kept that way.

Entering the building, as expected the heat was so intense that normal people would run away immediately.

Dawn : Kurobe-san ? I'm here as you asked.

Despite his call out, the blacksmith kijin didn't stop what he was doing...his focus was total as he along with some apprentice were working on forging swords.

The war with Falmuth just ended but the threat and bigger picture are yet to be dealt with...so they have a massive order of weapons to build.

Dawn : Oh ?

But he couldn't help but notice the weapon Kurobe himself was making...it was still raw but it's quality and form was bound to be perfect.

Also, he could feel a strong will coming from Kurobe at each slam...