13. Poker night

I settle onto Raphaelle's lap at the club. His presence is commanding and possessive, his arms firmly wrapped around my waist. He's masculine as he sits back, relaxed in this opulent black leather lounge chair. There's to be a game of poker. And I can sense the eyes of the others on us, some curious and some, particularly women, envious. And I'm very happy I'm seated on his lap. Gosh... they're all so intimidating. 

I lean back against him. His breath tickles my ear as he leans in close, his voice low and commanding. "You're mine, bambina. All mine."

I tilt my head back to meet his gaze, my eyes reflecting the fire that burns between us. Without a word, he leans in to claim my lips with his, a possessive and passionate kiss that leaves me breathless and wanting more.

I can feel Raphaelle's grip tighten around my waist as he calls for a Serena. Serena? The name sounds familiar. 

And as she comes from behind the bar, I recognize her, from the office. Serena? What exactly is in her job-description? 

"Yes?" She inquires. She's as beautiful as I remember. Badass from what I can tell. She must be for being here alone... surrounded by these men. I could never. 

"Go get some coloring stuff. It's up there somewhere," his eyes wander to the industrial stairs.

She nods, before slipping out of the room. 

As Serena leaves, Raphaelle turns his attention back to me, a small smile playing on his lips. "These are a few of my men," he says, his voice low and seductive. "You already know Giancarlo," he says softly, then points to Giancarlo's left and strategically name them thereafter," then we have Antonio, Luca, and Matteo." Each man nods stiffly in my direction, their eyes lingering on me a moment too long. Gosh... if this is what Danielle sees when she looks at him. I don't ever wish to see that side of Raphaelle. 

Giancarlo's smile is warm and reassuring. At least that's something.

Raphaelle leans in close once more, his breath hot against my ear. "They won't hurt you. Daddy's here. You're safe," he reminds me in a whisper. I nod, smiling nervously.

Serena returns with the coloring gadgets, and she hands them to Raphaelle. I can't help but jump excitedly in his lap. I quickly lower my head, cheeks flushing with embarrassment at my reaction.

But Raphaelle doesn't miss a beat. He gently lifts my chin with his finger, his eyes stern yet loving. "Never hide your excitement, bambina," he whispers in my ear, his voice reassuring and comforting. "With me, there's no need to fear judgment. You can be yourself completely. Even around them," he adds, tilting his head slightly around the table. 

I lean into him, feeling safe and cherished. Raphaelle envelops me, his aura reminding me that there's no reason to doubt his words.

As I glance around the room, I can feel their eyes on me, their gazes making me squirm slightly under the scrutiny. They are not making it easier on me, that's for sure. Only Giancarlo... he's somewhat comforting. But Raphaelle... I would feel so lost and unsafe here if it wasn't for him. 

But Raphaelle's firm grip around my waist reminds me that I am his, that I am safe. 

I pick up a coloring pencil, a smile tugging at my lips.

I feel the weight of the coloring pencil in my hand as I begin to fill the blank spaces of the intricate design in front of me. The soft strokes bring a sense of calm as I focus on the task at hand, trying my best to ignore what's going on around me. Raphaelle shifts slightly beneath me, the movement barely noticeable as he gestures towards the cards laid out on the table.

The men's voices grow hushed as they delve into discussions of business, their words cryptically Italian. I can't understand them even if I try to. And again, I'm equally annoyed and grateful for that. I mean, Raphaelle once said that if he wanted me to know they'd just speak English. There's a reason for their foreign discussions. There's a reason. A much thought-through reason, I'm sure.