MOMMY

A/N: Hello babies! ♥️ So, they took down Playtime with Mommy. So we're calling this book "MOMMY". I hope you all would love to comment and vote again. Even if you already read it. I know most of you enjoyed these one-shots and I have some more coming. Please be patient for your favorite to come back out. Now with that being said, excuse any mistakes and enjoy!♥️

"Trying to find deeper meaning in nonsense."

MOMMY
CHAPTER ONE
ONIKA MARAJ

You never really know what lies ahead for you

You never really know what lies ahead for you. That's why I try to stay consistent and work hard at what I do. Working hard in school, taking extracurriculars, and vowing to my lovely father that I wouldn't quit whatever I chose to do. His gratitude is certainly appreciated.

I wouldn't act like I was struggling because I was blessed. Grateful for the life that I have. My mother is no longer with us. She had left behind a beautiful house and her entire fortune. My father has stayed by my side. Never once neglecting my needs, wants, and dreams. But even I know he gets lonely. That's why I encouraged him to go out on a few dates. His priority now is himself.

But that might've been a mistake.

[•••]

I was lying down on my bed, trying not to think about how my father was coming home with news to tell me. Usually, his efforts to talk to me are shattered because of the amount of schoolwork I have in my possession. This semester I've decided to take fewer classes so that I won't have too much on my plate. However, it already seems as if my father is making an exception to be the food that I pick at boringly.

"Onika! Can you please come down here?" My lovely father yells for me. My eyes nearly rolled to the back of my head as I groaned. My feet drag across the floor, making it down the stairs. When I got closer to the last step, a tall woman approached me. Confusion set on my face as she stood there. "Honey, this is-"

"Hello," she greets. Her hand stretched to shake mine and I shook my head. I didn't want to shake her hand. When she got the message, she took a step back. Her lips were tucked inward. "Sorry, I don't mean to push."

"Daddy, what the heck is going on?" As the lady backed away, my daddy stepped forward.   He touched my shoulder, gently guiding me away from the woman. I kept looking behind me to watch her, not sure of what her presence was needed for. My nerves stacked up as she politely smiled, looking around the house. "I know I told you to go out on a few dates but-"

I was interrupted by my daddy speaking. "Sweetie, this nice lady is going to be taking care of you while I'm away."

What?

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head as I looked at him. "W-What do you mean "away"?" I questioned, crossing my arms. He tried to calm me down by rubbing my shoulders. "You're leaving me with her?"