Chapter 49 Dreadful Memories

En başından başla

"You know, you are Daddy's little adorable princess. He loves you so much." As Steve strokes his nose with Giana's nose, she falls asleep.

He looks at both of them, a genuine smile playing on his lips. "They're perfect, Grace. Our family is perfect. Thank you so much for these precious munchkins." He moves closer to me and captures my lips in a tender kiss.

The way he kisses me, it's magical.

I missed the sensation of his lips moving against mine. I felt like I got my breath back when last night I kissed him after a long nine months. His lips are soft yet firm, gentle yet passionate.

"We created them, Steve. They're our creation." I whisper, locking my eyes with him as he pulls back from our kiss. He nods, a smile playing on both our lips, and then our eyes shift down to our precious babies.

We lie in each other's arms after tucking babies back in the crib as they fall asleep.

***

"I just don't want to come out of your arms, Steve." I whisper as we have been lying, embracing each other for an hour.

"You don't have to worry about anything because today, my entire day is all yours, Wifey." He reassures, shifting to lie on his side to face me.

The endearing name "wifey" sends a flutter of excitement through me. Being his wife fills me with warmth and joy.

It's hard to believe that just a year ago, I dreaded becoming his wife, but today, my heart overflows with joy at being Mrs. Steve Grey. I feel proud.

He truly is a treasure and my beloved partner.

And exclusively mine.

"Why?" I raise my brows at him.

"Because it's a special day." He responds, kissing my nose, causing me to smile. "We're finally together."

"I feel so complete." I whisper, closing my eyes as he rubs his nose against mine before pressing his lips on my forehead, bringing a warm smile to my face.

"It feels like a dream to have you with me." He kisses my lips with pure affection, stroking my face with his fingers.

As we lay there, entwined in each other's embrace again, I know that this is where I belong. With him by my side, I feel complete, whole, and utterly content.

"Grace." He utters, breaking the peaceful silence, stroking my hair.

"Hmm?" I ask, my chest buried in his chest.

"I want to know everything about you. Your fear, your likes, dislikes, everything. Why were you so rude, specifically to the workers of the house? I want to understand you better, my love." He asks, and my hands automatically clutch his shirt as the memories of my dreadful past flash in my mind.

'Daddy! Help me! Where are you?'

'Daddy!'

My voices from the past echo in my ears, causing me to shiver.

Breath in. Breath out.

You're doing fine, Grace. That was in the past, and you've overcome it long ago. I remind myself to stay calm because I can't let my past weaken me.

His hold around me becomes tighter, sensing my distress.

No matter how hard I try to convince myself that those memories no longer affect me, deep down, I know they still do.

I'm dying to share everything with Steve, but not today, because I can't ruin our special day by discussing my horrific past. I'm certain it'll hurt him. We're happy after ages, and I don't want to spoil it with my painful memories.

So, I raise my head from his chest and smile at him, burying my past for now. As our eyes meet, I notice the deep concern in his gaze. He's worried for me even before knowing my past. I don't know what his reaction will be once he learns about it.

"Steve, not today." I say, locking my eyes with his and caressing his dark stubble with my thumb. "Today is a day of celebration and joy. I want to focus on us, on our love, on our present, and on our beautiful family. I promise, when the time is right, I'll share everything with you, but today, let's just be happy."

He looks at me with understanding in his eyes and nods. "You're right, Grace. We have all the time in the world. Today, let's just enjoy being together."

I murmur, "Thank you for understanding me and not pressuring me." A small smile spread across my face.

"I'll always understand, Wifey." He replies, sealing his words with a gentle kiss on my lips.

Our kiss turns passionate as he hovers over me and pins my hands against the mattress. He grinds himself against my crotch, arousing me and causing me to dig my nails into his hands.

Leaving my hands, he slips his hand into my silk shorts, and I deepen the kiss, pulling him closer by fisting his hair. As his fingers touch my aching clit after ages, my entire body trembles with anticipation. It's been nearly a year since I've felt such a sensation. His touch ignites a fire within me, and I arch my back, pressing myself against him, craving more of his touch.

He vanishes away the dreadful memories from my mind. It's as if his touch has the power to erase all the darkness from my past.

I'm certain he has deliberately done this to make me feel better. It's surprising that Steve understands me in a way no one else ever has. He sees beyond the words I speak and interprets the silent language of my body, giving me solace.

Will he just stop reminding me of how fortunate I am to have him? It's overwhelming. I'm not accustomed to this.

***

I'll be glad if you leave your precious comments.

Love Mehak ❤️