Chapter: 16 - Dream or Reality

Start from the beginning

But I also wanted to look good in front of her. "Ah, Aziz, pick something," I muttered to myself. My eyes landed on the white shirt I wore at her cafe, and the memory of her blushing cheeks replayed in my mind when she saw my abs.

"Alright, Ms. Reza, I want to see those tomato cheeks again, so a white t-shirt it is," I decided. The fabric was thin, ensuring my abs' outline would be visible. "What about pants, Aziz?

I'm not going out, so I guess tracks would be best," I concluded. I changed into them and emerged from my room, only to find her still standing in the same spot.

As we settled and talked, I found myself saying, "I will fast from tomorrow." But why did I lie to her? I don't fast, so why did I feel uneasy after saying it?

It's normal for me to make promises to others, like saying I'll offer salah, but when she asked, I wanted to refuse. I wanted to tell her I don't believe in her Allah, that I never did, but I couldn't bring myself to say it.

Why? Was it because I feared losing her? Afraid that if she knew the truth about me, she would leave immediately? Even if I don't believe in her Allah, why am I scared? Pushing aside these thoughts, I focused on her.

I didn't want my thoughts to spoil the beautiful moment I was sharing with her, but unfortunately, a third party interrupted our moment.

He approached with a wide smile and was about to sit next to Uns when I quickly got up and took the seat beside her, leaving him to sit opposite us.

"Hello, bhai. Hi, bhabhi... I mean, 'Uns,'" he said with a strange smile on his lips.

"Samir!" I exclaimed loudly, as if urging him to stop his nonsense talk. But it seemed like my words had no effect on him as he continued to engage with her.

"I suppose you're here to see me, right Samir? After all, I'm the one who's unwell," I tried to remind him, as since he arrived, he had been continuously talking to Uns without even glancing at me, as if I were invisible to him.

"Yeah, I know, but you look good right now. Why should I worry about you when I have the most beautiful bhabhi sitting in front of me? Would I waste my time on you, Aziz?" he replied.

"I'm your Bhai, Samir," I retorted.

"She is my bhabhi, Aziz," he countered.

"Seriously, Samir?" I said, not believing his words.

"Yes, bhai," he replied innocently, with a smile.

But before I could say anything else, someone knocked on the door and entered. It was Sahara now.

Ek haddi kaafi nahi tah, joh dusri bhi?

"Did you say something, Nader?" "Uns" asked upon hearing me murmur something.

"No," I replied, unable to tell her that I was cursing them for ruining our moment.

They just wouldn't let me have a peaceful time with "Uns."

Meri aadi love story toh, in logon ki wajah seh hein kharab ho jaogi.

They all three engaged in deep conversation, not even bothering to look at me. Am I not the one who's sick here? I began to doubt.

My health is deteriorating, yet Samir is having fun. Uns came here for me, yet Samir is stealing the spotlight.

I can understand Sahara and Samir, the lovebirds, talking continuously to each other, but "Uns" too is so engrossed with them that she isn't even acknowledging my presence? Why? Why? Why did you come, Samir?

Feeling utterly fed up with her ignorance, I decided to leave when finally, Uns called me.

"Where are you going, Nader?" she asked. Finally, I felt some peace; now she would tell me to stay, thank goodness.